Zune software Question
Dec 18, 2007 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nin3th

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know how to stop autosync on the new zune software? My music was taking up too much of my hard drive, so I moved it to an external drive to make room for more, and I don't want my zune to wipe itself. any help?

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 13
First click on the Settings button on the top right.
Next, on the top left, select Device. This should bring you to the Sync Options page.
Simply select "Let me choose my music" and that will disable autosync.

There you go!

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 13
Oh my, this was the source of a real nightmare. I installed the Zune software on a friend's computer to get some music, and forgot about autosync. I plug my Zune in, and something else grabs my attention. I come back an hour later to find all of her ten gigabytes of Britney Spears/Hillary Duff/etc. music had been synced to my Zune. I spent the next hour weeding out her stuff from mine.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 13
Great! I have been wondering about this myself, I'm not getting my Zune until Christmas so I am trying to figure out all the little things like this ahead of time. Now, does anyone know how to reverse sync the zune? I've heard you can move all of the song on the zune back onto someone else computer.

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! I have been wondering about this myself, I'm not getting my Zune until Christmas so I am trying to figure out all the little things like this ahead of time. Now, does anyone know how to reverse sync the zune? I've heard you can move all of the song on the zune back onto someone else computer.

Yes. Right click on a song or album, when under the device music sub-section, and select "Copy to device". By default, it will copy to a folder entitled "Zune" in the "My Music" folder.

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Right click on a song or album, when under the device music sub-section, and select "Copy to device". By default, it will copy to a folder entitled "Zune" in the "My Music" folder.

ummmm....Copy to device. Amblin incorrect.

it is "Copy to Computer"

Or drag and drop any media into the computer icon on the windows bottom left corner.

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nin3th /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know how to stop autosync on the new zune software? My music was taking up too much of my hard drive, so I moved it to an external drive to make room for more, and I don't want my zune to wipe itself. any help?

I was considering an exhd, would it be possible to keep everything zune related (video, music, pictures etc.) on the exhd and when you plug in your zune it's actually doing everything (syncing, ripping or whatever) in the ex-hd?

I'm not much of a computer know it all and have never owned a mp3 before now and that goes for a ex-hd. Would you just change the monitoring folders (in zune software) to the new drive???

Please show me a sample of the address/path to the ex-hd. Here is what I use now: C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\My Documents\My Music

What would I have to change besides C or better yet what is the universal path for a ex-hd?

Also how do you get your existing files from the C drive to the new drive w/o loosing them?

LQQK

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ummmm....Copy to device. Amblin incorrect.

it is "Copy to Computer"

Or drag and drop any media into the computer icon on the windows bottom left corner.

Haha, oh yes, my bad. Brain fart.
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LQQK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not much of a computer know it all and have never owned a mp3 before now and that goes for a ex-hd. Would you just change the monitoring folders (in zune software) to the new drive???

Exactly.

Quote:

Please show me a sample of the address/path to the ex-hd. Here is what I use now: C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\My Documents\My Music

Open My Computer and then browse to the folder on the external HDD. Look at the address bar.

Quote:

Also how do you get your existing files from the C drive to the new drive w/o loosing them?

Drag and drop. Open My Computer and browse to the folder that holds your music. Open another My Computer window and find the folder which is going to hold your music. Then just click on the folder containing your music and drag it into the new folder. That should work. Hope it helps!

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GimliLongBow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First click on the Settings button on the top right.
Next, on the top left, select Device. This should bring you to the Sync Options page.
Simply select "Let me choose my music" and that will disable autosync.

There you go!

So i tried this when I bought it, and now it STILL autosyncs the playlists. Not helpful.

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #12 of 13
Bump, even though it doesn't really matter, I'm going to the dark side(iPod) anyways.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back