Zune Software: can't drag-drop from itunes any more?
Mar 17, 2008 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ingwe

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got around to updating my Zune 30 and PC software. My work flow was to create an iTunes playlist named "candidates for zune." Then I would drag-drop the playlist content onto the Zune software's synch area. But the new Zune software doesn't allow me to do this. I don't want to use the Zune software to manage my music. Any suggestions?

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 11
Most obvious (and perhaps the least favorite choice) - sell the Zune as the new software is horrendous.

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 11
Use Mediamonkey to organize your library. Lets the Zune software just monitor the folder where mediamonkey does changes.

or just use windows explorer and drag and drop to your Zune Collection from there.

I use Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) in association with Windows Explorer.

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 11
Ingwe,

Thank MS for that nonsense. I would like to use the Zune, but the lack of East Asian Fonts - four files - has kept me away.

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 11
The software works fine for me. I use the wireless sync function to update my podcasts every morning. I love it.

Mar 20, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The software works fine for me. I use the wireless sync function to update my podcasts every morning. I love it.

The wireless sync was pretty cool, but slow. Good for the use you mentioned, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Once you get the hang of the Zune software, not as bad as you might think. But Richardo is right, you NEED to do tag editing in another program. I use the Advanced Tag Editor in WMP11 to clean up the files before I import them into Zune software. Works fine. At first, I had problems, but no more. Biggest problem for me with Zune SW and tags? If a song artist is "The Hold Steady" and album artist is "Hold Steady, The" (which happens sometimes with rips and download services) then the Zune SW will load the same tracks under both names in the artist list. Ahhhhh!

You can use MediaMonkey or WMP or another program you like more to do the grunt work. I do use the Zune software for playlosts.

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #9 of 11
I have no idea what tag editing is. The the new Zune software/firmware thinks Garth Brooks and Diana Krall are the same artist. I find that mildly amusing and incredibly annoying at the same time.

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #10 of 11
Google for a program called zAlternator. It will allow you to make the Zune appear to your computer as a generic MTP device, thus allowing you to sync music using WMP, and yes, you guessed it, iTunes. There are a couple of hoops you will have to jump through though, you will see what I mean when you get the application.

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google for a program called zAlternator. It will allow you to make the Zune appear to your computer as a generic MTP device, thus allowing you to sync music using WMP, and yes, you guessed it, iTunes. There are a couple of hoops you will have to jump through though, you will see what I mean when you get the application.

Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back