Zune software 3.0
Sep 18, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't download the games. And as far as the radio is concerned, is there any way to get it to store a station? I know how to add one, but the next time I tune in, it starts seeking and there's no way to access the stations I stored.

It won't bring up a list of stored stations when you press the center button? How about holding the left/right directional buttons down for a couple seconds?

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It won't bring up a list of stored stations when you press the center button? How about holding the left/right directional buttons down for a couple seconds?

he needs to press and hold the center button on the pad for adding or removing a preset station.

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]he[/size] needs to press and hold the center button on the pad for adding or removing a preset station.

He is a she
biggrin.gif

And to be honest, I don't think I even pressed the center button. I'm sure I was using the right and left to search for presets. Clearly, I need a "Zune for Dummies", and the sooner, the better!

I'll try it later, and I do get the name of the radio station show up.

So now my radio stations are all cancelled - I just add by pressing the centre button, and that's the same way to find them later? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #19 of 40
Overdrive 3.1 is out. You can now download thousands of audiobooks from public libraries for free to your Zune! It works flawlessly!

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 40
Those games sound really cool.

Here are some pictures I took of the two games you get with it and one showing the clock we finally got:

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #21 of 40
You don't have any audiobooks yet. I'm playing poker while listening to Jonathan Kellerman's latest thriller, Compulsion. $29.67 from Amazon as an audiobook, or free from your local library/OverDrive. This activity is a little hard on the battery, I must admit.

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have any audiobooks yet. I'm playing poker while listening to Jonathan Kellerman's latest thriller, Compulsion. $29.67 from Amazon as an audiobook, or free from your local library/OverDrive. This activity is a little hard on the battery, I must admit.

Nope, I prefer reading my own books, I don't like having people read to me. That and I don't have a library close to me.

Sep 19, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #24 of 40
???
Cant you download the software and check for yourself ?

Changes and addtiions
- MixView
- Manual Sync
- Updated Now Playing screen
- Visualization at the bottom of the screen updated
- Support for channels
- Fast and stable...
- much more...

Sep 19, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I prefer reading my own books, I don't like having people read to me. That and I don't have a library close to me.

You don't need to go to a library, just a library's website. You do need a library card.

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #26 of 40
The marketplace is awesome- the search interface is very intuitive and the previews stream quickly. I've found that searches are almost instant, compared to the demo videos which actually took much longer...

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is a she
biggrin.gif

And to be honest, I don't think I even pressed the center button. I'm sure I was using the right and left to search for presets. Clearly, I need a "Zune for Dummies", and the sooner, the better!

I'll try it later, and I do get the name of the radio station show up.

So now my radio stations are all cancelled - I just add by pressing the centre button, and that's the same way to find them later? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I know this may be off subject, but... I guess I'm not only one that finds the 'squircle' controler can be tempermental & a downright PITA to use at times. Sorry to interupt the thread, but sometimes it feels good to vent for a second or two. Ok , you can get back to the subject matter at hand now.

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #28 of 40
I bought my black Zune 30 about two weeks before the last major update that gave us wireless sync, lossless audio,gapless and podcasting etc. That was nice, but free awesome addictive games, a clock, wifi access to a vastly improved Marketplace, Audible, AND free OverDrive audiobooks, music and videos from our public library system, FM Buy, etc.

I just think this is a hell of an upgrade for an aging player/customer base who would have been left in the dirt by any other company out there. I had my Dish DVR upgraded to Turbo HD a couple of months ago and I can hardly tell the difference (1080p Video on Demand). Hats off to Microsoft for keeping the first gen player completely up to date; first with the 2nd gen players and now with the new third gen players. Oh, and I still have EQ.

Sep 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #29 of 40
The old remote for the Zune 30 now works with every Zune after the 3.0 update
My impressions of the 3.0 firm/soft-ware

Quote:

I just discovered that the Zune Dual Connect Remote (came in the Zune Travel Kit) which never worked with the Zune 80 now works after upgrading to firmware 3.0.

A lineout* is possible after all:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/zu...ml#post2895657

Quote:

Yes, with the Travel Pack I got a Remote Unit which has two output which is actually tapped from the dock - so it is a lineout actually. And in the Remote unit itself is a small volume attenuator.

Comparing between this output and headphone out, I can say that at volume 20/20, the headphone out matches the volume output from the remote unit.

And yes I did attempt to mod the remote unit into a simple lineout BUT I failed miserably because like mentioned above, the lineout need some sort of activation. So the project was abandoned and I wasted some $$$ with a dead remote unit.

I could not confirm if the lineout and headphone out are equal, but I do know that both sounded VERY clean

*EFN didnt confirm if it gets TRUE lineout.

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #30 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back