zune screen durability
Jan 10, 2008 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

joefosho315

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just got a Zune 80gb. My question is, do I need to get one of those invisible screen protectors for the zune, like I did for my easily scratchable ipod screen, or is the zune screen really scratch resistant? I mean really really scratch resistant!

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 13
The screen is glass, so it won't scratch at all, but can be cracked/shattered more easily than the plastic screen covers you are used to. The official Zune80 Case that microsoft offers actually is a good solution (though a bit pricey).

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 13
Plastic, if it was me, I'd get a film type protector. But I am crazy in my hatred of scratches.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 13
same question, iaudio x5?

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 13
hate to make a blemish on your purchase but you could considerma
simple ipod sock - in
a pack of five they are relatively cheap, cute and protect well. I have been using them with ipod cowon meizu and sony players for a long time and they seem to be the best soft protector as they truly fit like a glove and forgive even hard debree that may find its way into its confines. Cheers

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The screen is glass, so it won't scratch at all, but can be cracked/shattered more easily than the plastic screen covers you are used to. The official Zune80 Case that microsoft offers actually is a good solution (though a bit pricey).

Just to make sure, I've seen glass tabletops and such that can scratch. You're sure that this zune glass won't scratch at all? If not, that's great!

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 13
glass will scratch if you are using it as a table, or scrape it with sharp metallic items or other glass. but basically it has a hardness that is greater than most household materials. thanks for the info on z30 that it's plastic... too bad.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csidinim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
same question, but zune30?

You can get an Invisible shield, a PSP screen protector or something.

But mine after many drops still looks fine. just minimal hair scratches that you can barely see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back