Zune owners, how do you rip your WMA lossless?
Feb 16, 2009 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Navyblue

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it possible to get CDex to churn out WMA lossless files?

I have the Windows Media Encoder 9 installed.

Assuming it is possible, what is the external encoder path I should point to?

I tried using EAC, it managed to churn out WAV but not the WMA lossless. It looks like I am missing something, but I kind of prefer CDex.

It looks like dBPoweramp does this but the free version doesn't do secure ripping, so does the Zune software.

How about FLAC to WMA lossless conversion?

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to get CDex to churn out WMA lossless files?

I have the Windows Media Encoder 9 installed.

Assuming it is possible, what is the external encoder path I should point to?

I tried using EAC, it managed to churn out WAV but not the WMA lossless. It looks like I am missing something, but I kind of prefer CDex.

It looks like dBPoweramp does this but the free version doesn't do secure ripping, so does the Zune software.

How about FLAC to WMA lossless conversion?

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Converting lossless to lossless will not cause a loss in sound quality...

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 8
I use the default zune software to rip cd's into WMA lossless works fine and names the tracks and pulls done ht cover art automatically.

If you want to use another program to switch lossless formats like from FLAC, .wav to wma lossles the best program is dbpoweramp

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 8
I guess could use CDex or EAC to rip into WAV or FLAC. Then use dBPoweramp to convert them into WMA lossless. Then use the Zune software for the tagging if necessary.

Or I could pay for the full version of dBPoweramp to get the secure rip feature and do away with one less step.

Any better ideas? It seems that it is possible to get CDex or EAC to churn out WMA lossless directly, there was at least one guy doing it with EAC.

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 8
dbpoweramp can do the tagging, too. In one step, you can use dbpoweramp to convert and tag your Lossless files.

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Btw, managed to get EAC to work with WME9. It turns out that EAC doesn't detect the 64 bit version of WME9, installing the 32 bit version along with the hotfix mentioned on the WME9 page does it.

If someone can make CDex work with WME9 would be great, but I guess I am happy enough.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 8
I usually use the regular zune software but i have found that at times i have problems with some of the rips. But the album art and tagging is very useful.

So now i use foobar 2000 it takes a little longer to tag everything by myself but i have had less problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back