Zune on Woot! for $99.99sss
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #91 of 167
the quality difference acually becomes more noticeable the better your headphones are

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #92 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by nosleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so I keep hearing that the sound quality in Ipods aren't up to par with their competitors. I really have no idea but say you have a good to great pair of headphones.....is the difference then that noticeable?

Absolutely. Get some decent headphones and you'll be surprised.

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #93 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely. Get some decent headphones and you'll be surprised.

Get some decent headphones and a decent amp and you'll be blown out of the water.

I just made my uncle listen to my portable setup, and you should have seen the look on his face when i showed him the difference with and without an amp. It was priceless.

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #94 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by spudman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today too. Unfortunately, mine locked up with the battery/plug symbol showing. Apparently, this is a known issue that happens to some new units. I am supposed to let the battery die completely and try again. In the meantime I can't turn it on, off, reset, or anything. Very frustrating.

Well, to update the thread, things are working. My zune screen was blank this morning, so to be cautious I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, plugged the zune in when it asked, and waited. In a few minutes it found the zune and I followed the directions without problem. I am still letting it charge but I think I got all my music on it and will get to give it a listen shortly.

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #95 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by spudman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, to update the thread, things are working. My zune screen was blank this morning, so to be cautious I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, plugged the zune in when it asked, and waited. In a few minutes it found the zune and I followed the directions without problem. I am still letting it charge but I think I got all my music on it and will get to give it a listen shortly.

Welcome to the Social

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #97 of 167
Got mine in. It's brand spanking new. Well, it looks it. There's a refurbished sticker on the back, on the top, and the box has refurbished printed on it. But there isn't a scratch on it, and comes with all the original accessories. I now have 2 pairs of unused Zune heaphones, and 3 USB cables. Geeze.

Plugged it right in, and already have it full!

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #99 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine in. It's brand spanking new. Well, it looks it. There's a refurbished sticker on the back, on the top, and the box has refurbished printed on it. But there isn't a scratch on it, and comes with all the original accessories. I now have 2 pairs of unused Zune heaphones, and 3 USB cables. Geeze.

Plugged it right in, and already have it full!

fanboy !
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #103 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by infamous16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...where's the cheapest place to buy it new?

Amazon or ebay....
but it really depends..lately there have been a lot of deals...yesterday there was a Buy.com deal for brown Zune on the 150.00 range

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #105 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
? A scratch is there or it isn't.. you can't just "find one". Sorry
tongue.gif

There are scratches that are so fine you either don't see them unless you look under the right light or you just assume it's not a scratch. A lot of people I know give me things like that to find flaws when they think there aren't any, just for fun to see what I find.

Granted the Zune's shell is very hard to scratch, and maybe MS did replace that and the screen cover as well, or maybe it is in fact new. I'm just saying that if it's a refurb without swapped everything, I could find a flaw with it, and I have OCD when it comes to that sort of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back