Zune on Woot! for $99.99sss
Oct 9, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #76 of 167
Guys. Read the page again. Nothing is fishy. There's all kinds of debate over it, but Woot.com charges the card first, ships within 5 days. No, not everyone does things that way, but they do. There's nothing you can do about it, other than bitch. It's not fishy. I've bought all kinds of things from Woot. They're a respected site, and actually, just recently partnered with Yahoo. So don't fret.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #77 of 167
hello,
went to the woot forums and found this method to check ship date.
Go to Fedex.com and head over to tracking. Choose track by reference.
Enter nothing in account number. Put your order number from Woot in the reference box.
Then fill in destination country and zip and hit track.
Worked for me mine is due tomorrow.
Good luck

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #81 of 167
I got mine today too. Unfortunately, mine locked up with the battery/plug symbol showing. Apparently, this is a known issue that happens to some new units. I am supposed to let the battery die completely and try again. In the meantime I can't turn it on, off, reset, or anything. Very frustrating.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #82 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by spudman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today too. Unfortunately, mine locked up with the battery/plug symbol showing. Apparently, this is a known issue that happens to some new units. I am supposed to let the battery die completely and try again. In the meantime I can't turn it on, off, reset, or anything. Very frustrating.

You have to give us an update on this! Don't forget.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #83 of 167
I will. At least I found some info on getting through the problem without calling tech support. I just wish the battery would hurry up and die so I can attempt it.

At least my pocket vaio has a removeable battery. I had it lock up and simply unplugging and replugging the battery cured it.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #84 of 167
I'm heading down to florida after Christmas, perfect time to pick up a Zune 2 to bring back home!

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #86 of 167
Quote:

Open it...and remove the battery. Plug the battery back and problem solved.

Warranty void if you do this method, though

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #88 of 167
Quote:

How long did you leave it plugged in?

This sort of happened to me when I got my new Zune. I left it plugged into the USB, then kept trying to start the Zune software. Eventually, after fighting with it for awhile, it allowed me to sync.

There is all kinds of advice about this problem over at the woot forum. Here's some people talking about it HERE

You might try using a wallwart with it. If you have an AC to USB for any other device, it'll work so longs as it's 5V, 500mah out. Any ipod one will do.

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #89 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by imhungry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you couldn't turn it off by holding the back button and the down button at the same time for a couple seconds?

I tried that and it doesn't work. It stays frozen on that image. I had it plugged in for maybe 30 minutes while I tried to find information about the problem on the internet. So, I finally unplugged it and waited. When I left work it was still stuck. It should be off by morning.

I don't see an easy way to remove the battery either. I probably wouldn't do that before even trying it out if it voids the warranty.

I'll keep this thread posted.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #90 of 167
Ok so I keep hearing that the sound quality in Ipods aren't up to par with their competitors. I really have no idea but say you have a good to great pair of headphones.....is the difference then that noticeable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back