zune line-out dock
Aug 13, 2007 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
ive been using my zune amped from the headphone out for about a month now, i decided to just plug it into the dock and amp it from the dock so i could get a line-out signal.

i havent heard such a difference in audio quality since i switched to canal phones from the stock earbuds.

are there any plans to incorporate a zune line-out dock cable anytime soon?

i would understand the process might be a little difficult considering there needs to be an outside power source also since it only works when the sync cable is plugged into the dock either from a computer or ac adapter.

i would appreciate it a lot and im sure anyone with a zune would rush to get one.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Himself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive been using my zune amped from the headphone out for about a month now, i decided to just plug it into the dock and amp it from the dock so i could get a line-out signal.

i havent heard such a difference in audio quality since i switched to canal phones from the stock earbuds.

are there any plans to incorporate a zune line-out dock cable anytime soon?

i would understand the process might be a little difficult considering there needs to be an outside power source also since it only works when the sync cable is plugged into the dock either from a computer or ac adapter.

i would appreciate it a lot and im sure anyone with a zune would rush to get one.

Hi Chris,

I have no plans to make any cable for the Zune. I did buy one and discovered that you have to have all of these items, Zune docking station, Zune Power supply, The Zune Remote control unit and the made for Zune mini to RCA cable (if you try and use a after market mini to RCA cable you will find that the socket for the mini plug is recessed on the Zune dock!). All of these items must be present and accounted for or the line out signal will not be unlocked from the device. In other words Microsoft wants the user to purchase all of these items in order for you to use the level line out signal. I cant tell you how disappointed I was when I discovered that the line out signal was some how internally locked. Bummer.

I am sure there is a work around but I have my hands full with the iPod at the moment.

Thanks,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 13, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 18
actually my IC goes into the cavity for the jack but i know what you mean.

also any plans to mod a zune would be appreciated but seeing as how an iPod is an easier audiophile solution i would understand.

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 18
rats...i've been looking for a Zune cure!

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 18
I want a dock
frown.gif
Time for me to get on it with all my free time! (awww...)

Sep 1, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no plans to make any cable for the Zune...I cant tell you how disappointed I was when I discovered that the line out signal was some how internally locked.

dang it. i knew i should have stayed with the mainstream. but i was attracted to the 3" screen and the brown color.

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 18
I personally went Zune because of compatibility with WIndows and in that regard I am EXTREMELY satisfied. My disappointment has been the car setup, I really don't want to use FM modulation.

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally went Zune because of compatibility with WIndows and in that regard I am EXTREMELY satisfied. My disappointment has been the car setup, I really don't want to use FM modulation.

In what regard is the Zune compatible with Windows? I mean, iPod works well enough with Windows for me, so how is the Zune even more compatible? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In what regard is the Zune compatible with Windows? I mean, iPod works well enough with Windows for me, so how is the Zune even more compatible? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

No need for ITunes with Zune...simpler user interface...for me anyway.

Dec 26, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 18
That Belkin Zune device plugs into the cigarette lighter, so it's providing power to the Zune, I am guessing all the other prerequisites are also built into the device. So that therefore enables the use of the line-out on the device.

At least that is what I got out of what Ken said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back