Zune HD/iPod Classic/iPhone 4
Jan 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ipodlover77

100+ Head-Fier
Is the SQ on the zune (im assuming the zune is better than the latter two) noticeably better? Trying to decide if i should shell out 150 on buying a Zune HD. Have a 120gb Classic and a iPhone 4 and they both sound similar. Maybe i just have gunked up ears lol. I read the "any zune owners thread" but they seem to be talking about the old school zunes.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 3
I own all 3, so here's my "opinion": iPhone 4>iPod classic>Zune HD. I know many people who feel differently, as each hears differently. YMMV.

As for the iPhone 4/toucg 4G vs Zune HD - iOS 4 made the small advantage of the Z:HD fade away,...the EQ presets on the iPhone 4/touch are (IMO) great now - and the presets on the Z:HD don't do much.

Either way you look at it, all sound wonderful - it's the feature set that decides in the end.

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 3
For sound quality, I would say the Zune Hd wins, yet they all are far from great sound quality.

The problem with them all is that they all don't have a good Eq. Presets in short,

If you want sq, I thought it was a weak idea that eq makes a difference, but my cowon blows everything out of the water after i played with the eq and found my perfect eq settings.

Hear this:
Cowon S9/ with j3 uci on normal eq > and zune/ipod on any eq

it actually blows my mind every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back