Zune 8G+headphone amp?
Dec 27, 2007 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

uncle b

500+ Head-Fier
Happy Holidays, my girl just got me a Zune 8G for gym use and such, would this player benefit at all from use of one of my amps listed below?

Dec 27, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sheffsteel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might be stating the obvious, but why don't you give it try.

If it sounds better to you then it's worth it.

X2

if you have everything at hand, give it a whirl.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 6
After taking some time to get used to the Zune's lack of adjustable EQ, I am slowly, but surely, falling in love with the Zune's nuetral sound signature, but the real revealation is my Westone um2's...these earphones have surprised me, over and over and over, for three years running...love this new player, love those old 'phones!

Also, I am re-discovering the magic of the Hornet and the RnB Audio Back Diamond mini-to-mini, yet the un-amped Zune is sounding surprisingly good to me right now!!!

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 6
Agree on the Zune (I have an 80). No EQ seemed a problem, but not any more. I use some of the options on my amp (MiniboxE+), but even straight from the headphone jack, the Zune sounds fine.

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 6
I have to update my post: A dormant love affair with the RSA Hornet has been rekindled!!! I had originally kind of lost interest in portable amps, cuz my iAudio X5L sounded quite good anyways, and I had kinda gone straight portable all the time, not wanted to deal with docks and inter-connects and cases and all the hoo-hah. Now, I have my new Zune 8G, and I started burning in my non-"M" Hornet, and I am fully back into amplification and more specifically, The Hornet...what a great little amp, I think I never really burned the thing in, and now I have, I realize major improvement.. This Zune is bad-ass little player, great sound when paired with those trusty Westone um2's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back