Zune 80 with Mac?
Oct 31, 2007 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

MentalEclipse

Head-Fier
I've been considering a macbook for college, and was wondering if I should completely forget about the Zune 80. I was really disappointed when I heard it wouldn't work on a Mac, but I never could figure out "why" the Zune 80 could not be compatible. Since you can run Windows on a Macbook why couldn't you still run windows only hardware?

Is it possible for a Zune 80 to work on a Mac this way, or is the IPod Classic my only real choice for an 80gb HD player?

BTW: If I buy an IPod...would using an amp like the "Ibasso T2" or "Total Airhead" improve the bass quality to that of a Zune?

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the zune will work in windows on a mac. Just not in osx. So you'll just need to boot into windows to sync.

If I buy a "Zune 80" and use "Parallels Desktop" to run Windows, could I just plug in my Zune and make it work? It seems possible with the newest version but I'm not sure of it.

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 12
As long as Parallels has USB support, which I believe it has. I'm even more sure VMWare does. Then there's always Boot Camp which would guarantee it.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalEclipse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I buy a "Zune 80" and use "Parallels Desktop" to run Windows, could I just plug in my Zune and make it work? It seems possible with the newest version but I'm not sure of it.

I've been using a Samsung P2 which is MTP only in Parallels with no problem. Parallels will ask you if you want to associate this device with windows and you answer yes. Should be no problem with the Zune

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 12
I've used my Zune for some time on Parallels and Bootcamp, no issues with either. If you're in OS X it will charge but you don't have any syncing support.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 12
I'm probably going to get a Macbook for college just because of the whole bootcamp thing. Apparently it's the fastest Vista computer.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 12
well i don't know about that but the newest macbooks look very good. i have recently run vista on a friends hp computer and on my gf's macbook with the same specs other than my friends hp weighed like 4 kg or so and they ran very similarly. usb will work for sure with bootcamp and with parallels or vmware almost certainly. cheers.

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Macbook Pro is the fastest vista computer, theres a big difference in terms of graphics processing from the macbook to the pro.

Woops that's what I meant.

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #12 of 12
it is called Windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back