Zune 2 Confirmed
Sep 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your problem with the Zune software? Is it the memory usage? The Zune program is just a reskinned WMP. There are hacks out there for it. You can disable the Marketplace, which increases performance. I think I remember reading that someone got their Zune to work with WMP, I'm going to go try to find that now.

My problem is that it's another piece of proprietary software that I don't want to deal with that introduces all sorts of limitations. I don't want to use itunes, sonicstage, or whatever Microsoft's crappy sync app is called. I would prefer drag and drop for music in explorer, but being realistic, proper MTP and wmp support would be enough for me (so then I could use media monkey or something else).

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My problem is that it's another piece of proprietary software that I don't want to deal with that introduces all sorts of limitations. I don't want to use itunes, sonicstage, or whatever Microsoft's crappy sync app is called. I would prefer drag and drop for music in explorer, but being realistic, proper MTP and wmp support would be enough for me (so then I could use media monkey or something else).

Im with you on this...but I dont think it would stop me from buying a player.

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, I'm pretty sure the pacemaker won't have a digital out...unfortunately. I told them they should include one, though.

It has one, over coaxial, through the line-out. You have to select S/PDIF in the menu, though.

I asked through email to their engineer and on their site, it has it.

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
considering the loss they took in the first zune, i think that they will invest less in quality this time, dont expect the Zune 2 to sound as good as zune one, i suspect that the new developments are mearly cosmetical,

also, its probobly just as crippled software wise as the old zune,

what loss? they sold over 1.5 million. I see no reason that they would make a lower quality product especially after Apple's recent releases.

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm surprised no one has said *UGLY* yet. I don't think I could stand having anything but the smallest one in black. I don't know how they managed to go down in style, but it did. I bet its great though and it comes with the V-moda vibe. Good call.

That looks more like a rendering done by an amateur.
Not the best time to call on the design and aesthetics as of right now.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has one, over coaxial, through the line-out. You have to select S/PDIF in the menu, though.

I asked through email to their engineer and on their site, it has it.

If that's true, I will be the first to buy one. Any word on the price? What's the website link again?

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #40 of 42
I am curious to see the headphones. It'll be nice to see a player coming with headphones that are better than the 99 cent ones that come with certain other players.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #41 of 42
Yes, luckypictures, it is said that the earbuds included with the Zune 2 will infact be IEMs, a hybrid between the magnified anti tangle earbuds we have now, and the components of the V-Moda Vibe. I just might have to pick up a pair for myself.
icon10.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do people always think that audiophiles and head-fiers make up the highest percentage of DAP sales? Apple and Microsoft couldn't care less about making head-fiers happy. They want to make money and if Joe College student listens to his 128 mp3s and his street styles and buys one, they are happy.

What he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back