Zune 16 and 120 pics:
Sep 3, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still have to see one in the wild: im sure it would be a headfier!

I've only spotted a few - MEGA headphones and 2 w/amps!!! Gotta' be head-fiers at that!!!

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm going to see what the new Touches are like before I buy a 120gb Zune.

Same here - don't really wanna' sell myself short and I'd recommend the same for all.

Sep 10, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #22 of 23
QUOTE=nsx_23;4684445]I'm wondering why Microsoft still doesn't sell the Zune outside of the US. I'm sure there'd be a market for them.[/QUOTE]

I saw somewhere that the big difficulty surrounds the Zune Pass licensing agreements needed for different parts of the world. Apparently this is a big issue and is part of what is hanging them up. This is a big feature of the Marketplace and something they wanted available as part of their global offerings.

That being said, the Zune is now in available in Canada as of this summer. However, I believe the Marketplace interface and Zune Pass is not coming out until fall which makes it kind of silly.

Evidently some Canadians who wanted to access the Marketplace now have found a workaround for this dilemma. They are picking up their Canadian Zune players…downloading the USA version of Marketplace by changing the settings to "USA" on their computer…then buying up their Microsoft points off of Ebay (USA only) to purchase their music now from the Marketplace. I guess if there is a will someone will find a way!

icon10.gif

Cheers,

Sep 10, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the discontinuing of the 80 there will likely be constant sales like the ones for the 30 right before the 80 arrived. I'd wait til then. At the least prices on the 80 should be forced down a little.

I think it’s a given. In fact, it’s already happening. I just saw the red 80 gig Zune for $199 on Amazon a couple days ago…although it’s back to $249 today. Perhaps they were clearing out some inventory in anticipation of the 120 release that just got listed for pre-orders? Looks like the 120 is going to be priced the same as the old 80 one…$249

Last Thanksgiving I picked two of the 30 gig versions for the kids, back when the new 80 gig was first coming out, for only $99 each from Costco.com. That was the same price we paid for a 512K I-Pod shuffle only a few years earlier.
regular_smile .gif

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back