Zune 120 SQ vs Sansa Fuze SQ???
Nov 19, 2008 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nickoteen

New Head-Fier
Which one has better sound quality? I want the Zune because of the HDD size and screen and I hear the SQ is great too but I have the sansa clip and it sound fantastic. BTW I will be playing alot of lossless

I will be using Shure SE420 IEM's

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 5
They are both great sounding players with very different usage targets.

If you are going to be playing a lot of lossless, you should go with the Zune due to it's storage capacity.

If you have a need for an ultra-portable low storage capacity player, get the Clip too.

I have a 60GB 5Gen Ipod that I use with lossless and an amp. I also have a 32GB compact flash modded Ipod Mini that I use on the go.

-Pony

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 60GB 5Gen Ipod that I use with lossless and an amp. I also have a 32GB compact flash modded Ipod Mini that I use on the go.

Pony,

What do you or have you done about the audio quality from your CF modded mini? I currently considering the myriad of DAP choices to replace my CF modded ipod mini. I would consider keeping it if there was a CHEAP way to gain better audio quality out of this little guy. Curious, do you rockbox your 5th gen, and what amp do you use with it? I was considering possible a Fiio E3 or E5 with the CF modded rockbox ipod mini.

Thanks, and good luck to OP with his decision.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 5
defsquad,

For casual listening, I find the IPod Mini acceptable with my UM2s. I have it RockBoxed and use the equalizer to do a little tweaking.

I use a RSA Predator with both my 5G IPod (Rockboxed) and IPod Mini. They sound great with my UM2s, HD-25-1 IIs, and HD-580s.

-Pony

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are both great sounding players with very different usage targets.

If you are going to be playing a lot of lossless, you should go with the Zune due to it's storage capacity.

If you have a need for an ultra-portable low storage capacity player, get the Clip too.

-Pony

Thanks! I have the clip already but will there be much difference between lossless on a Fuze vs Lossless on a Zune 120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back