Zune 120 Does it work with Mac
Jan 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

noremedy

100+ Head-Fier
As i understand it the previous generations of Zune's did not work with OSX due to their memory. I am wondering if this is still the case? I also understand it won't work with FLAC, but can anyone confirm it DOES work with WMA lossless? Thanks

The reason i ask is i am looking to get one PMP and a pair of custom phones and be done with head-fi until i am older and with a greater income, it takes away from my hectic social life and ability to purchase sporting supplements etc.

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 16
Do a bootcamp partition and install a copy of Windows 7 beta

or use VMWare or VirtualBox for running Windows inside your Mac.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 16
A co-worker recently told me he'd gotten his son a Zune 120 for Xmas & the son got it to work on his Mac w/o issue. Unfortunately I don't know the details on how, but it's definitely possible to do.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do a bootcamp partition and install a copy of Windows 7 beta

And enjoy trying to recover your music in August 09 when the beta keys expired and Win7 stops working.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMavs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A co-worker recently told me he'd gotten his son a Zune 120 for Xmas & the son got it to work on his Mac w/o issue. Unfortunately I don't know the details on how, but it's definitely possible to do.

And I've been telling my co-workers that I can play Crysis on my 2G nano.
bigsmile_face.gif

Zune only works on Windows, not any other OS. Obviously as stated above, it's possible to run windows on Macs.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And enjoy trying to recover your music in August 09 when the beta keys expired and Win7 stops working.
biggrin.gif

Ever heard of partitions?
wink_face.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 16
after the beta expires, you won't be able to do anything with the zune unless you purchase an actual copy of windows. you should be able to still have your music (not sure why you would need to recover anything - I think you can even reverse sync the zune), but you will still be stuck in need of windows to do anything with your zune.

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 16
Yes, I too would prefer something like VMware over bootcamp. Other alternative programs to VMware include vitualbox (developed by Sun microsystems and it is free) and parallels (not free but quite good).

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back