ZUNE 120 CASE THAT COVERS DOCK CONNECTION
Jul 9, 2009 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ANGELSS

Head-Fier
I am looking for a Silicone case for my Zune 120 that has a flap that covers the dock connector at the bottom of the device. I have searched online, but do not get any specific results. I have also searched here on head fi.

Any of you know of any such cases?

Thanks

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't know of any such cases, but I have a possible solution. If you can't find one that covers the dock connection, you could get a regular one and patch it up. Just get a hot glue gun and some material to cover the empty space. Operating a hot glue gun is really easy as long as you're careful, but you have to be fast with it.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know of any such cases, but I have a possible solution. If you can't find one that covers the dock connection, you could get a regular one and patch it up. Just get a hot glue gun and some material to cover the empty space. Operating a hot glue gun is really easy as long as you're careful, but you have to be fast with it.

Yeah, I searched and searched but to no avail. I ended up ordering this Amazon.com: Incipio dermaSHOT Silicone Case for Zune 80 GB (Gray): Electronics. I'll try and put something on the bottom to cover the port.

It's just that I had a XtremeMac Tuffwrap for my Classic 80 before it was stolen and it had a flap that covered the dock port so no dust would get inside the device. I thought it was a thoughtful feature. No Zune case on line have this feature AFAIK.

Can you believe I did not find a single Silicone Zune Case in my town? haha

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 5
If you have the touch/scroll enabled, you might want to cut that part out of the case. I had to do that with my DLO Action Jacket so it would actually work. Huge difference. It might work better with your case, but it's just something you should know.

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have the touch/scroll enabled, you might want to cut that part out of the case. I had to do that with my DLO Action Jacket so it would actually work. Huge difference. It might work better with your case, but it's just something you should know.

Thanks, I had thought about that too. Turns out that with this case the Zune pad use is not hindered.

At about 8 min 45 sec he reviews this particular case.
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back