Zucable HD580,600,650 cable ready!
Sep 18, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Good job man!!!! That's the way....and why unfortunatelly? Are you unhappy now??? Let this guys with this cable madness, and now go and get the Perreaux SXH-1 and get the whole eargasm....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Must you crap on every thread?

Sep 18, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #17 of 39
Sovkiller: Unfortunately as in I am missing out all the fun swapping cables. But I wont miss it really...
very_evil_smiley.gif
I have a MPX3 coming, more of a tube guy...

Part of owning the Senns is that you know you can still improve it with cables. I dont have a problem with that. Part of owning the CD3000 is that you know you dont need to improve anything. I dont have a problem with that neither.

Sep 18, 2003 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 39
There's no need to get mad at Sov. He's a very passionate guy that found enjoyment in his system and truly wants to help others. Instead of getting upset, just remember that Sov is a nice guy; he is intense and very much wants to help others find what he has found. My advice is to either avoid and ignore him or learn to appreciate that there are some very passionate head-fiers here. I choose the latter approach and it works for me. Having intense members is what makes for an enjoyable forum. Sov, the CD3000 is a great can and I was very close to buying the SXH-1, but they sound damn good with the EAR HP4 (if you have the funds, the best amp I’ve heard with the CD3K was the ZOTL). That said, the HD600 is still my favorite can and the detachable cables make life more interesting. Zu rules!
600smile.gif

Sep 18, 2003 at 6:09 AM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by NeilPeart
I'm going to have to re-purchase the Equinox and Red Clou. Then I'll add those to my Cardas and pick up the 2 Moon cables and the Zu. Then I'll have to buy the HD-650 of course...Then I'll review all the cable configurations within the context of the 3 Senn. cans; the HD-580, 600 and 650 with 7 different cables (including stock). This will be quite a battle (it will be costly so I may have to sell one of my more expensive cans...something I swore I would never do).
frown.gif

Go for it man! You will be worshipped till the end of your days for this epic cable fest!

Sep 18, 2003 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by NeilPeart
I'm going to have to re-purchase the Equinox and Red Clou. Then I'll add those to my Cardas and pick up the 2 Moon cables and the Zu. Then I'll have to buy the HD-650 of course...Then I'll review all the cable configurations within the context of the 3 Senn. cans; the HD-580, 600 and 650 with 7 different cables (including stock). This will be quite a battle (it will be costly so I may have to sell one of my more expensive cans...something I swore I would never do).
frown.gif

I hope you're not serious - but if you are, I really wanna read that review
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Sep 18, 2003 at 8:50 AM Post #22 of 39
Hopefully the war of the aftermarket cables = better sound also.

Sep 18, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #23 of 39
Hope they got a cable that will remove the veil......
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry, but IMO is not thread crapping, I better call it "common sense", why keep on digging on the same issue, of the sonic signature if you do not like it, there is no cable in the world that will change the veiled sound and laid backness of the HD600, regardless of the cable you use....at the end you will finish with a 250.00 headphones and 500, o more, in cables, do the math.....and the same sound veiled and laid back.....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Sep 18, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry, but IMO is not thread crapping, I better call it "common sense", why keep on digging on the same issue, of the sonic signature if you do not like it, there is no cable in the world that will change the veiled sound and laid backness of the HD600, regardless of the cable you use....at the end you will finish with a 250.00 headphones and 500, o more, in cables, do the math.....and the same sound veiled and laid back.....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Welllll...nobody's heard the HD600 yet with THIS cable. And Zu's being a bit different than all the other previous cable makers in that they're making this cable with silver vs copper. And from what I've heard between silver and copper interconnects, this cable from Zu just might be the one to do something to the veil.

There's also always the HD650 to use this Zu cable on...
evil_smiley.gif

Not that the HD600 is a 'phone that I normally defend or anything, but I do believe in my sig...

Sep 18, 2003 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry, but IMO is not thread crapping, I better call it "common sense", why keep on digging on the same issue, of the sonic signature if you do not like it,

Well, maybe because I like the sonic signature and just want to make a great experience even better
600smile.gif

Sep 18, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by gswpete
Well, maybe because I like the sonic signature and just want to make a great experience even better
600smile.gif

If this is the case, good, and is perfectly understandable that you or the other guys wants to try the other cables, but sometimes (I did that, and I was one) we are looking for a miracle with the HD600, this is not going to happen IMO, this is the sonic signature of that can, it was done like that on purpose, is not a defect in any way that has to be corrected, if you like it good, if you don't get a more forward can, the HD600 will never sound forward IME, but maybe the silver cable will mitigate something of that veil, it will be great IMO, to make a lot of people even more happy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back