Zu Pivot mini-mini worth the $80????
Jun 17, 2005 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a Headroom Micro with some DT770's and have a SM3 and Shure E4c's on the way to play with as well. Is the Zu mini-min cable worth the $$? Are there other cables to consider of equal or better quality for less?
Any info would be appreciated!

Jun 17, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 26
Go to ebay and do a search for the Zu Pivot
tongue.gif
Also, head on over to HeadRoom and look at their Mini » Mini cables. They have a nice ones made by Kimber and Cardas. Also, there is a Mall-Fi add from RnB for the Sky Blue Mini (I think that's the name), but he makes very nice cables as well.

Those options should be good enough
biggrin.gif

edit: Sorry, it looks like the Zu Ebay seller only has the Mini » RCA cables.

Jun 17, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 26
thanks for all the options! I'll have a look... How bout the Earcandy stuff??

Jun 17, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 26
Personally (and this is my opinion), that is where I think the idea of diminishing returns starts to set in. Get in touch with RnB, he'll hook you up with a very nice cable for less than half the cost of the Earcandy cable.

Jun 20, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 26
In regards to the Zu mini-RCA on eBay. Once you win the auction, you can choose mini-mini or mini-RCA at no extra cost.

I have two of these and they are excellent for the money - well constructed with excellent sound quality.

Jun 21, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by WK446
In regards to the Zu mini-RCA on eBay. Once you win the auction, you can choose mini-mini or mini-RCA at no extra cost.

I have two of these and they are excellent for the money - well constructed with excellent sound quality.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

big black cat in the cage
are you really sure?
I've asked the provider of those mini-rca cables about mini-mini one but didn't get any answer.

Jun 21, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Positive. I've bought 3 cables already:
2 1m mini-mini
1 1m mini-RCA

E-mail them and ask for Sean/Rob. They have a toll free number and I always get a reply. E-mail takes them about a day...

As if Zu hasn't been pimped in this thread already...I have more.

My e-check isn't supposed to clear for another few days, yet they still offered to send my Oxyfuel and Birth cables to me today. Rob got back to my emails within 3-4 hours of sending them. Today when I get home from work, I already had a tracking number from UPS saying they are on their way!

Thumbs up to Zu for excellent customer service, I'll definately be giving them more business.

Jun 22, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
As if Zu hasn't been pimped in this thread already...I have more.

My e-check isn't supposed to clear for another few days, yet they still offered to send my Oxyfuel and Birth cables to me today. Rob got back to my emails within 3-4 hours of sending them. Today when I get home from work, I already had a tracking number from UPS saying they are on their way!

Thumbs up to Zu for excellent customer service, I'll definately be giving them more business.

I've bought a few products from Zu also myself, and had nothing but great things to say about their service.

Their cables arn't bad either
600smile.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

just confirming. i managed to get a 1m mini > rca for around $25 and a .5m 90 degree mini > 90 degree mini for $20 + 30 for the 90 degree connectors.

*shrugs*

either way, good deal and you can specify what you want. well built, too, i think.

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheez80
just confirming. i managed to get a 1m mini > rca for around $25 and a .5m 90 degree mini > 90 degree mini for $20 + 30 for the 90 degree connectors.

*shrugs*

either way, good deal and you can specify what you want. well built, too, i think.

Do they offer deals on Mobius cables for HD6**s, I didn't see them listed on ebay, just wondered if anyone asked them about that?

Jun 22, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #13 of 26
No, I don't think they run promos for the Zu Mobius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back