Zu Oxyfuel ICs
Sep 23, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relax
Although the link Flea Bag provided was perhaps a little weak on fact and a little heavy on opinion, I do not see any reason for him to have been attacked in such a condesending and cynical manner so quickly.

I feel as though I need to apologize to Flea Bag for being part of a forum that would so quickly attack a person for stating their own opinions, and I am a new guy...

I do not represent the forum, I am my own character, if you must apologize, apologize for me not the forum.

I use flex sleeving, as so with many other cablers. So if someone's going to toot their horn about the evils of flex sleeving and thinner cables and claim that there have been studies. You bet I want to read the studies. As its indrectly offending me and others.

Now calling cables that use single layer flex as unreliable and flimsy... I will ask him where he came up with his reasoning. You take this as attacking? I do not believe so. But if he voices his opinion as fact, I would like to know how he came to this conclusion.

Now if you feel that I am attacking, what am I attacking with? Insults? or Facts?

If you think I am being cynical, well you are making incorrect assumptions.

This is a public forum and the beauty of it, is that people can communicate, now if you feel that there will never be disagreements or debates... thats just not reality. If you read all my responses carefully, how do you call me attacking?

Sep 23, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
please link me to the "study".

This prolly ignited the entire thing, but the there was this:

Quote:

the faq insults every cable company and indulges in its own self praise....

btw, arent zu cables hand made and use techflex? so according to LAT faq you linked, your own source contradicted your original post's intent.

and finally there was this:

Quote:

thick solid cables dont mean anything. You can not judge a cables performance on thickness or feel. A lot of times assemblers just use filler with small guage wire to make a big looking cable.

Just keep in mind that attitude, excluding anger, rarely transfers across text well. So you may have had that attitude of someone attempting to re-inform the "un-informed," but it came across as a challenge.

Sep 23, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #20 of 25
it wasnt an attitude more or less, I felt the poster needed to get some of his facts straight, as his enthusiastic statements of fact led to a series of contradictions and less then stellar source.

Quote:

Hello RnB180. I hope you weren't doubting my information.

followed by propaganda link.

For someone so sure about his information, are my questions towards him that uncalled for?

Sep 23, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #21 of 25
RnB180,
Am I right to say that you're rather defensive because you produce cables using TechFlex?
eek.gif
By the way, I never stated that I own Zu cables or any TechFlex-wrapped cable of any sort so there's no self-contradiction in my posts as you seem to imply. I don't like the feel of TechFlex and therefore I don't own any cable wrapped in TechFlex. Simple.

Just want to state a few common sense things. One doesn't need to believe LAT International in order to arrive at the following simple conclusions:
1. A cable insulated in a thicker and more secure material is more likey to be protected than an idential cable enclosed in a single layer of TechFlex. Common sense.
2. The more you bend something, the more it will break. The sharper the angle you bend it it, the more internal damage it will suffer. Common sense.
3. One look at TechFlex and you can tell that it's provides as much protection to the wires within as a Christmas wrapping does to bare glassware. TechFlex will even allow the sweat from my fingers to seep into the cables within where lovely oxidation and other things welcome it. Common sense. Enough of the matter then.

Good Day Relax!
Welcome to the forum and thanks for understanding my situation. However, I've decided to ignore RnB180 though so hope you don't mind if I give up on this therad!

Dick Danger, sorry it turned out this way. Hope more helpful posts will find you.

Sep 23, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea Bag
RnB180,
Am I right to say that you're rather defensive because you produce cables using TechFlex?
eek.gif
By the way, I never stated that I own Zu cables or any TechFlex-wrapped cable of any sort so there's no self-contradiction in my posts as you seem to imply. I don't like the feel of TechFlex and therefore I don't own any cable wrapped in TechFlex. Simple.

Just want to state a few common sense things. One doesn't need to believe LAT International in order to arrive at the following simple conclusions:
1. A cable insulated in a thicker and more secure material is more likey to be protected than an idential cable enclosed in a single layer of TechFlex. Common sense.
2. The more you bend something, the more it will break. The sharper the angle you bend it it, the more internal damage it will suffer. Common sense.
3. One look at TechFlex and you can tell that it's provides as much protection to the wires within as a Christmas wrapping does to bare glassware. TechFlex will even allow the sweat from my fingers to seep into the cables within where lovely oxidation and other things welcome it. Common sense. Enough of the matter then.

Good Day Relax!
Welcome to the forum and thanks for understanding my situation. However, I've decided to ignore RnB180 though so hope you don't mind if I give up on this therad!

Dick Danger, sorry it turned out this way. Hope more helpful posts will find you.

your wealth of knowledge shows no bounds. I concede.
you should give some pointers how to make interconnects,
there's no doubt you know what youre talking about.

Sep 23, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

hi there,

your wealth of knowledge shows no bounds. I concede.
you should give some pointers how to make interconnects,
there's no doubt you know what youre talking about.

I was supposed to ignore you but you keep coming back don't you?

In reply: No thanks!... Although I love audio equipment, my area is in material science, especially carbon-carbon-composites and I'd rather buy a more well-known, more 'engineered' and well-established cable than a handmade one. Is that unreasonable? Don't think so right?

I'll humbly say that despite my knowledge as an individual (which isn't that much), I'd rather leave high-quality cables design and construction to the companies -not any company of course. Different preferences that's all. Hope you don't mind.

Sep 23, 2005 at 1:18 PM Post #24 of 25
howdy, now that I think of it, I couldve handled the situation better, sorry flea bag for any hard feelings. I should be nicer. I sincerely apologize for commenting so harshly
frown.gif

Sep 23, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 25
Good day RnB180, don't worry about it! I'm not the kind to hold any grudge of any sort. I thought things were already settling down but you're an absolute gentleman for what you did! Salute!

See you around!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back