Zu Mobius Cable for Sennheiser HD650
Dec 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Axiom0617

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, but I have always referred to this website for info on headphones that I'm considering purchasing.

I've recently acquired the Senn HD650, and am looking to upgrade the cable.  I've listened to a friend's HD650/Zu Mobius Cable combo and I fell in love with the sound.

The problem is that I can't find it for sale anywhere.  I went to the the Zu Audio website and they don't seem to sell it anymore.  The closest thing I've been able to find is the following in their ebay store -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zu-Audio-Mobius-AKG-headphone-cable-2-5m-8-NEW-make-those-AKG-resolving-/110798360258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cc18cec2

but that seems to be for AKG headphones.  I believe the cable my friend used was called the Zu Mobius mk2 for Sennheiser. 

Can someone here point me to where can find these cables?

Thanks

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 11
Plenty of other fish in the sea, if this cable can't be found.

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 11
The Zu Mobius is still available.  I recently contacted Zu about it.  It was my favorite cable with the HD650.  The craftsmenship beautiful. Just expect to pay the custom price.  Just contact them through their website.  Awesome cable!

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 11
Might also consider Moon-Audio Dragon series or Cardas.  If you want to go the DIY the Moon Dragon is a good choice.  Although the stock HD650 cable is pretty, good......

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the replies everyone. 

The difference between what I heard on the stock cable and the mobius cable was profound enough to my ears that I certainly want a cable upgrade.  The cost isn't an issue for me, and I'm choosing solely based on what sounds good to me.

I think I know someone who has a Moon Dragon cable that I can try out before calling Zu to make the Mobius cable for me; I'll probably call him up later today.  I don't know where I'd go to try Cardas though.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back