Zu Cable Sennheiser Cables Within 3 Weeks
Jul 26, 2003 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NeilPeart

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey folks,
Sean from Zu Cable has confirmed that their HD580/600/650? cable upgrade will arrive in ~ 3 weeks. According to Sean, "the machining of the connector interface is all that is holding us back from launching the product." This will mark to fourth company entering the Sennheiser fray. After auditioning the Stefan Arts, Clou Red and Cardas, I was firmly in the Cardas camp, but this revelation has created another reason to delay my upgrade. I look forward to its arrival. I know this has been briefly mentioned on this board before, but I wanted to update the folks here regarding its status.
600smile.gif

Jul 26, 2003 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 7
Yeah, there is a thread in the Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories forum. I'm waiting for Sean to send me a rough estimate of how much the cable is gonna cost.

It's good to know that they are making the connectors instead of splicing in old stock Sennheiser connectors.

Jul 27, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by itza2mer
It's good to know that they are making the connectors instead of splicing in old stock Sennheiser connectors.

I'd rather have the re-use connectors, than use poorly made connectors, with fit issues.

Jul 27, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
I'd rather have the re-use connectors, than use poorly made connectors, with fit issues.

Why do you think this, give them a chance. I would rather not have a splice.

Jul 27, 2003 at 8:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Why do you think this, give them a chance. I would rather not have a splice.

I guess I'm just falling for the Stefan Audio Art sales pitch, which claims Sennheiser has "perfected" the plug (to justify the splicing on the Equinox cable)...
rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I expected the new plug from Zu to be inferior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back