Zu Cable or Canare Starquad
Sep 28, 2006 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

siezien

New Head-Fier
hello,

sorry for my bad english.

I have a DT880 and I would like to change my stock cable for more details, more stage and more full bass.

someone has tested these cables whit the Beyer?

where can I buy the Zu mobius cable per Feet?
I find It only in Japan for 50$(2.5m)

thanks a lot,
Thibault
3000smile.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 12
Some Diyer replace their DT880 with Cardas cable(4x24), and they're easy to source.

Or you can try Moon Audio's Silver or Blue Dragon, Silver Dragon w/HD600 is the best in my case.

I've also tried some SPC cable from eBay w/K340, they're nice but not as good as "good" silver wires.

ZU's cable are stiff cables, I don't like them use with headphones.

Sep 28, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 12
tanks everybody.

Quote:

Or you can try Moon Audio's Silver or Blue Dragon, Silver Dragon w/HD600 is the best in my case.

is it possible to buy Moon Audio's cables per feet? where?

I saw in this place that the best reference in canare for headphone is L-4E5C Miniature Star-Quad, just?

Quote:

I've also tried some SPC cable from eBay w/K340, they're nice but not as good as "good" silver wires.

what do you mean ? you are talking about moon audio silver or simple silver wires?

thanks for your help,
Thibault

Sep 28, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by siezien
is it possible to buy Moon Audio's cables per feet? where?

I saw in this place that the best reference in canare for headphone is L-4E5C Miniature Star-Quad, just?

You may drop a mail to Moon Audio, you can find them at head fi's sponsors.

Moon also provide bulk cardas cable for headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siezien
what do you mean ? you are talking about moon audio silver or simple silver wires?

Not Moon's, just some fine silver wires. Sorry, my mistake.

Best,

Pal

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 12
cantsleep, your dt880 is cabled whit cardas, did you have tested whit silver dragon?

what can you tell me about this upgrade Vs stock cable please.

Quote:

You may drop a mail to Moon Audio, you can find them at head fi's sponsors.

thanks, I sent a mail, I 'am waiting for the answer to buy per feet.

sorry but an other one question...
to change the cable, there are some solutions if I understand well
1. change all cable until ears (as your DT880 cantsleep)
2. change the cable part since 1/4 plug, cut the stock cable about 2 feet from ears and connect whit 1 neutrik XLR as this one or that's for headphone amp whit XLR heaphone plug
Edwood_K1000_Cable_CottonSilver5ft_01.jpg

what is the difference between this method and full recabling?
whit this method I can try more cables without problems but 2 feets of stock cables behind the good cable it's not very good...?

sorry I'am newbee and very bad in english

Sep 29, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #9 of 12
The best, soldering the wires direct to the drivers. But please soldering with careful.

Use XLRs? I don't think that will be a good idea. Because these connectors are heavy. Heavy cables will let you feel uncomfortable during listening.

I've seem some mini XLR, you can find them on AKG's 271. They're small and not heavy.

Or you can try to find some silver wires and litz brain them, but you can find many head-fier choose Cardas with DT880.

There're need some tips with soldering Cardas cables, you can find the tips in this fourm. (Sorry, I don't remember where they are.)

Hope these inputs can help you.

BTW, your English is fine. I'm not good enough in English, too.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back