Zu Cable IC's?
Dec 5, 2002 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kpfeifle

100+ Head-Fier
Hello All:

Anybody used (or heard) the Zu Cable OxiFuel IC's? Fairly good review on SoundStage, just looking for some actual opinions.

Here's the company link: Zu Cable

Dec 5, 2002 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 9
While I'm not familiar with those specific cables, I have had the Varials in my system for a few weeks now. Pigmode (I bought mine from him) has them as well, and I believe Vertigo has/had some in his. I am still evaluating them but my initial thoughts are positive. Zu Cables also has it's own forum at Harmonic Discord that you might want to check out.

Dec 5, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 9
I haven't heard the Oxyfuel either, but I have had the top of the line Varial in my system and found it very impressive for the price. I preferred it over the other much toted silver IC in its price range, the Homegrown Audio Silver Lace. I'm selling a pair of .5 Varials right now, but only because I've scaled up to much more expensive cables. I'm using a Zu Mother power cord right now in my source, and that one is a keeper.

Bottom line, solid little company that puts out awesome products for the price.

Dec 6, 2002 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 9
JMT & Vertago-1:

Thanks for your input, really nice to hear from people who have delt with the company. Maybe I'll give it a try and report back on my findings
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2002 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Well, I decided to give their 60 day trial period a test...a pair of .75 meter oxifuels are on the way!

Dec 7, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 9
Ummm, it could just be me, but does anyone else see anything a little weird here....the higher end the Zu Cable the more capitance it has! Capitance is usually considered bad, so it should be the other way around!

Shouldn't it?

PS - I could be wrong again, but all of the Zu's have MUCH higher capitance than the RS Golds even have (15 pF).

Dec 7, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by kpfeifle
Well, I decided to give their 60 day trial period a test...a pair of .75 meter oxifuels are on the way!

I hope they work out for you. The folks over at Zu are a great bunch.

Dec 7, 2002 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
PS - I could be wrong again, but all of the Zu's have MUCH higher capitance than the RS Golds even have (15 pF).

I wouldn't worry too much about the specifications just use your ears. The Varial is a great cable especially if you can get it from one of their auctions; don't know about the Oxifuels.
The Varial in my system seemed to be a little tighter with better extension in the frequency extremes in direct comparison to the Cardas Golden Cross, but the Cross has more slam in the bass with that sweet relaxing treble.

Jan 27, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 9
I've been reading a lot of mostly great things about Zu Mobius headphone cables, but I'm not seeing any recent stuff about their IC's. I'm assuming people might have more to say about them now that they have had a long audition time in their systems. I'm thinking about upgrading my "big rig's" RCA digital cable which is a Cardas Lightening. This cable is several years old. If Zu can beat it I would not only like to replace it, but also the rest of my IC's, and speaker cable with Zu. I'm running Tara LabsRSC 500 Primes there. Any thoughts on going all Zu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back