Zu Birth/Bok Vs. Pangea Vs. Signal Cables Magic Power Cords
May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sampson_smith

Headphoneus Supremus
Please forgive the information overload regarding the above power cable comparisons in the title. I am essentially looking for an upgrade to my Volex power cord. (The Volex is the less-coveted, made in China with solid metal connectors variety, hence the desire to upgrade.) I had narrowed my search down to the Zu Birth or Bok cables, and figure that the Birth will be the most flexible of the two and most compatible with my Gilmore Lite DPS. The power supply of the Gilmore is rather light, and therefore I assume that cable flexibility is paramount.

I have also generated an interest in the Pangea AC-14 power cable (as the AC-9 is much to wide and surely a bad pair with the GLite DPS). There appears to be a lack of concrete info. on the newer Pangea line, however. I have also been chewing on the Magic Power Cord from Signal Cables. It is rather simple looking, but I have read a few complaints that it is too stiff to be of much use to me. JellyFish and the comparable cryogenic SoniKLEER cables are also very affordable, but I would preffer something with some shielding. These two, in addition to the Magic Power Cord, appear to not have any shielding to prevent extraneous noise.

Thanks in advance for the input, all.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back