Zu Birth/Bok Vs. Pangea AC-14 Vs. Signal Cable Magic Power Cord
May 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 21
I've been on the fence about power cords from the get go. I've been hesitant to throw down a few hundred on something that gets such mixed reviews. Thanks for everyone's insight into the AC-14 - it just might be the entry level power cord that I've been looking to add to my amp and source.

May 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #17 of 21
Good to hear. I will soon have a Zu Birth power cord for use with my system. Looking forward to reporting on how that compares to my cheap Volex.

Let us know how the Pangea AC-14/AC-14SE turns out, dmac03, if you choose to order one. What sort of rig are you thinking about using it with?

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #18 of 21
I should specify "future" rig. I will be obtaining my gear over the summer. Hopefully I can convince my local hi-fi shop to loan me some nordost demo power cables so I can compare. I will make sure to post impressions when the time comes.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #19 of 21
I received a 1.5 meter Pangea AC-9 and AC-14 for use on my Woo amp and Audio-gd DAC last week. I've been an audiophile since the late 1980s and the one area I've always stayed away from is power cables. It just didn't make sense to me and it was one of a handful of items that I would consider as snake oil.

Well, I swapped out the stock power cables and the difference was one of the biggest that I have made to my system. The change was bigger than any tube rolling, cable upgrade or tweaks that I've tried. It wasn't as big as changing headphones or swapping phono cartridges, but it was very close. It was so obvious that I believe anyone would have immediately heard the difference. I know comparing the sounds of different cables, etc. leads to heated debates, so I will not get into the specific sound changes. My point is that these entry level power cables are worthy upgrades and I am very happy with their products. I really do wish I tried them sooner.
I second the opinion on the Pangea. I have 3 of the AC-14 and 1 of the AC-9. For the money they are unbeatable IMO. 

I totally concur with your feelings and findings! I bought a Burson Soloist and replaced the stock cable with a 1 meter AC 9-se 12AWG Pangea AC power cord and I was shocked that a difference in sound quality and a deeper Pitch Black background was evident to my ears. A worthy buy. Cost 150$. this is the latest and greatest cable from Pangea though. Has LITZ copper in it as well. Beautiful. :)

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #20 of 21
I just bought an AC-14SE for my Schiit Bifrost Uber and an AC-9 for my Schiit Lyr 2 Amp. The AC-9 is too heavy for the Lyr2 which weighs only 5-6 lbs. Would another AC-14SE be adequate for the Lyr2? It's only 6W max output.

I made the mistake of ordering from Audio Advisor. I'll have to pay shipping to return the cable, and their customer service dept has been unavailable every time I tried. I just noticed that Amazon sells these also for the same price, but with a prime membership you get free shipping/free returns. So if I order another AC-14SE, it will be from Amazon.

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #21 of 21
  Good to hear. I will soon have a Zu Birth power cord for use with my system. Looking forward to reporting on how that compares to my cheap Volex.

Let us know how the Pangea AC-14/AC-14SE turns out, dmac03, if you choose to order one. What sort of rig are you thinking about using it with?

I'm looking forward to read your thoughts on the Zu Birth power cord compared to the standard Volex ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back