Zo2 amp with a DAC?
Dec 4, 2011 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier

Ive been thinking about getting some DT990pro (250ohms) For GAMING and PC music listening but i heard that even though it was bassy for an open headphone, it would not satisfy my basshead needs, and I would be mostly using it for my computer, so I'd need a Dac/Amp. 

should i get the E10 (amp/dac) or E11 (amp) too for best bass in trance, dubstep etc? Can I activate BOTH bass boosts when using them at the same time for even more bass?

Oh and I should not even bother with a sound card right? I don't have one but I dont think it would matter with a dac/amp, right?

Thank you very much! Another option would be connecting another diffrent amp to the E10 for better amping, but I do not know which one, just keep in mind, I want MORE BASS! How do you think a Zo2 or Zo amp would work with the E10?

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 20
Dec 11, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 20
Hey pal, wow you want to buy two Fiios and turn on the bass b00st on both? Mad propz.

I think you should get the Musicland Monitor 02 or 03 instead, it has a driver with "MOO BASS" so you can adjust the bass frequency, like a sub-woof, here's a pic 4 u:

See you can adjust the bass between 60Hz and 140Hz and put them all on maximum.

Fiio is only ON or OFF so you can't fine-tune your bass desires.

You can find the musicland's on ebay, hope that helped yo.

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 20
Hey pal, wow you want to buy two Fiios and turn on the bass b00st on both? Mad propz.

I think you should get the Musicland Monitor 02 or 03 instead, it has a driver with "MOO BASS" so you can adjust the bass frequency, like a sub-woof, here's a pic 4 u:

See you can adjust the bass between 60Hz and 140Hz and put them all on maximum.

Fiio is only ON or OFF so you can't fine-tune your bass desires.

You can find the musicland's on ebay, hope that helped yo.

I don't get it, where did u see me talk about two Fiios? It's just the e10 as a dac and the Zo xD btw is this a software or hardware too?

Thanks! Just trying to get more bass out of dt pro 990

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 20

I thought you wanted to activate the bass boost on the E10, E11 and Zo all at the same time.

The Musiland is hardware, it's a USB DAC/AMP so it will drive your headphones with quality sound, and it comes with that software which will increase bass, increase sampling rate, and ASIO for 5ms latency.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Musiland-Monitor-02-US-USB-sound-card-USB2-0-ASIO-/160617207264

You can connect it to a Zo if you want, for even more bass.

Edit: This is the latest one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Musiland-Monitor-03-US-USB-sound-card-ASIO-32bit-384KHz-/120766408213

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:
should i get the E10 (amp/dac) or E11 (amp) too for best bass in trance, dubstep etc? Can I activate BOTH bass boosts when using them at the same time for even more bass?

Quote:
I don't get it, where did u see me talk about two Fiios? It's just the e10 as a dac and the Zo xD btw is this a software or hardware too?
Thanks! Just trying to get more bass out of dt pro 990

This is prolly why lol.

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #10 of 20
Not bad! I can't use the first one because it's 250ohm what I need but the other one says it's 300, I wonder if there are any reviews!! So that's all I would need? Nothing more for the dt990?

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 20

Both the Monitor 02 and Monitor 03 will drive up to 600 ohm headphones, I think the 02 US is all you need for the DT 990 / 250.

I bought a monitor 01 USD from that seller 'www.earphone'.

The Fiio E10 will suit you fine too I think, just sayin' if you want to fine-tune your bass boost like 60Hz with everything including youtube and games then you'll need the Musiland since the Fiio doesn't have any such drivers.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #14 of 20
The US 2 is just too ugly good god....the us3 looks much better in all aspects, any idea how it would compare to the essence stx or fiio e10? That's all I need to know!

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #15 of 20

If you want to save money go with the E10, after all it has a physical volume control.

The 03 is more advanced, not sure how they compare in sound-quality sorry, the E10 uses WM8740 and the 03 uses PCM1798 if that helps.

The selling point for me is the driver software, firstly upsampling, secondly the equalizer, you can enhance bass, vocals or clarity etc. with gaming, youtube, spotify etc. and not only within your media player like other DAC's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back