zMod?
Oct 2, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #2 of 12
Maybe it's the Gmod which is the Asian version of the iMod.

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was looking through the Jaben forums when I came across the zMod(Last item on the list). The only description of it is "Modded Ipods". Anyone have any more information on it?

Send an E-mail to wilson@jaben.net
He'll tell you everything you need to know.

I've personally been down to Jaben to listen to his personal zMod, and it sounds great.

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send an E-mail to wilson@jaben.net
He'll tell you everything you need to know.

I've personally been down to Jaben to listen to his personal zMod, and it sounds great.

How does its sound quality compare to the iMod?

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 12
Tried the zmod against my imod with the same track but pressed on CD of different recording company.

The zmod sounds nice, but there is a difference compared to the imod.

Difference might be down to the different CD pressing but I wont comment if it is a positive or negative improvement.

It is definately not identical and I am quite skeptical as to people who listens to it and says it is as good unless the a/b is based on the same songs by the same recording firm.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #7 of 12
Zmod is not Gmod, Zmod is an innovation from jaben which i m not really sure where is the origin, but Gmod is innovated by Gary in Malaysia.

Gmod having very similar sound with Imod imho
and i do tried Zmod before, and i dont really being impressed by the sound which compare to Gmod and iMod, but still, it is a very good upgrade from stock ipod
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #9 of 12
yeah, it is another ipod modification

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zmod is not Gmod, Zmod is an innovation from jaben which i m not really sure where is the origin, but Gmod is innovated by Gary in Malaysia.

Gmod having very similar sound with Imod imho
and i do tried Zmod before, and i dont really being impressed by the sound which compare to Gmod and iMod, but still, it is a very good upgrade from stock ipod
biggrin.gif

good to know!

thanks~

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 12
I have tried Jaben's Zmod. I own a iMod. However, during time of testing, the zMod is brand new while mine has about 400 hrs of run time.

Recalling how both sound, here is my comparision.

Bass - Both have a nice refined and tight bass.
Mids and Highs - the Imod definately has a better midrange and highs. The zmod felt like there's something blocking it.
Soundstage - iMod has a much wider soundstage.
Vocals - This was where i felt the edge that the iMod has over the zmod is rather great.

However, please do note that the zMod is brand new while the iMod has 400hrs on it.

Overall, the zMod can be said to be comparable to the iMod. But one winning point the zMod has would be its price. In Singapore Dollars, the difference in price between the two become rather apparent.

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #12 of 12
I will say zMod lack in soundstage and emotion compare to imod... i Believe Both mod is done differently. Simpily everyoe have their trade secret. but it a general idea that both signal is tap from DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back