ZMF Verite Closed or Focal Stellia - Help me decide.
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EricMck

New Head-Fier
I currently have iems - Empire Ears Legend X but am thinking of selling them to help fund either the ZMF or Focal. Without getting too much into IEM v Headphone debate (I just can't seem to get a comfortable fit in my ear with the LX and worry a bit about damaging my hearing). If anyone has heard both what would you recommend? The main factors important to me are really good bass. The ZMFs look really big. I will be using these things to commute and I don't want people staring at me too much!

I have an A&K SP2000 and have read some comments about whether a portable DAP will be powerful enough, so I emailed Zach and he said "Yeha it absolutely can drive it fine! The v closed only needs about 80 to 100mW at 300 ohms to sound great so you'll get plenty of volume." I assume the Focal will also be OK with the SP2000.

Comments?

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 3
While I love my vc, I wouldn't recommend you get it unless you can pair it with a warm amp or a tube amp (which is impossible for commuting). I'd highly recommend the bokeh or the atrium closed for commuting. Sony MDR-Z1R is another portable option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back