ZMF to WA3 compatibility?
Apr 6, 2019 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

shadowplay0

New Head-Fier
I hear that ZMF 'phones are awesome, and I do like what I hear/see. I am looking for a pair to "complete" (yeah, right) my musicality > all rig. But comments I have seen around here talk about amp preferences in ZMF sets.

So, I ask ye gawds of headfi, what ZMF phones would rock my world for my home, colorated, open-back, rig?

Home = rando MacBooks (work + home) > Schiit Wyrd > Audio-GD R2R 2 > WA3 (currently 5998 + Mullard 6922) > ???

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Never heard the WA3. Have you tried asking the various ZMF threads?
Ive heard all three of the ZMF open back headphones,and own two. Theyre all quite different sounding from one another. What sound are you looking for?

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 4
The various threads is a barrier, TBH.

Im not following you here.
Guess I am asking what sound I might get with the above?

I was just catching up in the Atticus/Eikon thread and one member owns it and the WA3...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/att...phones-from-zmf.821782/page-462#post-14878758

What I gather from his comments are that this amp sounds quite neutral,and most likely will cut down on some midbass from the Atticus/Aeolus,which IMHO isnt necessarily a bad thing.

You have some great tubes in your amp. The 5998s are a bit on the bright side. I think they sound fantastic with the Verite in my GOTL,(and assuming the Aeolus too)but too bright for the Auteur. However stick same tubes in a different amp,and you will get different results,so take my comments with a cpl grains of salt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back