ZMF Ori - amp recommendation
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Burt Macklin

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

So I'm a (proud) new owner of a beautiful Ori, and being pretty much new to higher quality headphones as well,
I'm quite overwhelmed with all the possible options out there, and not sure what exactly to get.

At the moment, I have just a Schiit Fulla 2.
While it's doing a decent job by itself (or so it seems - I don't have anything to compare to),
I'd like to upgrade to something more suitable for Ori (and possible future headphones).
From what I've seen/read/heard, I quite like Schiit stuff :)
Possible candidates are Modi/Magni stack,
Valhalla 2 (I'd then use Fulla as DAC - but not sure if I should go the tube way) and Jotunheim.

That being said, other recommendations are welcome, of course -
so can someone suggest what else to look into (that can be found in EU)?
Something decent and reliable for whatever I'd use it with that'll serve me nice for a long time,
but not too expensive?
Price wise, the most I'd be willing to spend is around 500E - less is sure better.
Oh, and it doesn't need to be portable at all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 6
JDS Labs Element is very good with the Omni’s so it should do just as well with the Ori’s.

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 6
I dont own the Ori,but have two other ZMF headphones.If I were you I would drop Zach an email and ask the father of your headphones himself.Im guessing he probably knows a bit more on the topic than us.

Its rare to get customer service like what Zach provides...take advantage of it.

Dec 25, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back