ZMF OMNI PREORDER: SUNDAY 6/28/2015 MIDNIGHT EST USA
Jun 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

flipper2gv

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmf-omni-pre-order-starts-1201-am-est-628

The ZMF Omni is the culmination of years of work and study over how to maximize the potential of the Fostex Planar Magnetic driver.  Again, I have teamed up with Vibro Labs engineer Luke Pighetti to make incredible wooden headphone cups that will seduce you with their looks, and take you to the promised land of ZMF headphone sound.

PRE-ORDER SPECIAL INCLUDES

1. ZMF Omni in your choice of Wood @ $100 Discount
  2. ZMF Earpads in both Lambskin and Cowhide
  3. ZMF Pilot Pad or Leather Band
  4. Inlaid ZMF Coins in "Etched" or "In-Set" variety (see pic)
  5. Numbered and Signed ZMF OMNI COA
  6. FREE ZMF Molded Foam Hardshell Case (First 25 Orders)
  7. FREE ZMF OCC Litz Braided Cable 5.5 ft (First 25 Orders)

Q:  Do the woods used in the Omni make a difference?

A:  Although measurements show they are the same, the Cherry, Walnut and Blackwood Omni's all have their own characteristics.  They can be heard when comparing headphones back and forth, but there is no wrong choice, they all sound great.

1. CHERRY (35 lbs/ft ave. dried wt):  Airy, Open, More Decay and Bloom.
  2. WALNUT(38 lbs/ft ave. dried wt):  Focused, Impact, more separation and warmth.
  3. BLACKWOOD(79 lbs/ft ave. dried wt):  NOT USED YET - but typically has speed, depth with ultra precise imaging and extension on both ends. 

Q:  Semi open?  Do these leak sound?

A:  They leak way less sound than a fully open headphone...but way more sound than a closed headphone.  In a room with normal conversation people won't hear your music, but in a library, you're neighbor is going to listen to whatever the Omni is playing!

OMNI'S WILL START SHIPPING IN AUGUST.  FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. UPDATES ON THIS PAGE WILL BE POSTED.

Free case and free cable for the first 25! That's pretty neat.

I got a Vibro on order and I'm pretty sure I would have grabbed a Walnut Omni if I had the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back