ZMF - Most Bass slam & extension?
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 12
Probably the Eikon. I've only owned the Aeolus though. Aeolus has a lot of mid-bass slam and is a lot of fun while still having a lot of technical prowess. I have heard the Eikon though and it may go deeper than any other ZMF. Although they all do at least decent for bass extension IMO.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 12
Eikon/Auteur doesn't have a lot of slam. It rumbles very nicely but it's not as punchy as the Aeolus or Verite.
I would agree. I didn't know if the OP wanted to know which one extends the deepest or which one has more punch. Aeolus is a pretty punchy headphone.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 12
Yeah. I'd say that Aeolus would be a pretty good pick. Aeolus is well-extended (Though not as well-extended as the other two open ZMF's) and very punchy and fun. Not a lot to dislike about its bass presentation. Verite is definitely technically superior in the bass region, and definitely a bit better extended, but is twice the price. It also doesn't have Aeolus' "fun" mid-bass tuning, so there's that.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 12
Can vouch for the Aeolus having good (perhaps even better) mid-bass slam, but may not extend as low as the Verite. The only two ZMF headphones I haven't had a chance to own are the Atticus and the Verite Closed, so I have a feeling that both of these closed-back options will have more quantity of bass than their open-back counterparts.

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 12
Can vouch for the Aeolus having good (perhaps even better) mid-bass slam, but may not extend as low as the Verite. The only two ZMF headphones I haven't had a chance to own are the Atticus and the Verite Closed, so I have a feeling that both of these closed-back options will have more quantity of bass than their open-back counterparts.
VC has neutral sounding. I don't remember that I have owned Atticus or not so can't say about it. But from my experience, Aeolus has the most bass slam and extention. VO sounds similar to Aeolus but tighter bass and more sparkles.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 12
If slam and punch wants to be focused on. A v shape headphone with a biodyna driver seems to be the best route. (Fostex/Creative/EMU stuff)

Though a Zmf auteur is at a nice sweetspot for Jack of all trades.

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #10 of 12
So now I find myself in the same situation- looking for a ZMF model that has good bass quantity and quality.

I’m a little surprised Atticus hasn’t received much attention. I haven’t heard any ZMF products and won’t be able to audition before buying. Based solely on the ZMF website’s descriptions the Atticus sounds like the only closed back model that was intended to sound fun. I would have *guessed* that it at least had the most prominent bass, even if it wasn’t necessarily the most precise or well-controlled.

Seems like so far there’s a consensus that perhaps Aeolus is a good basshead option as far as the ZMF lineup goes?

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #11 of 12
So now I find myself in the same situation- looking for a ZMF model that has good bass quantity and quality.

I’m a little surprised Atticus hasn’t received much attention. I haven’t heard any ZMF products and won’t be able to audition before buying. Based solely on the ZMF website’s descriptions the Atticus sounds like the only closed back model that was intended to sound fun. I would have *guessed* that it at least had the most prominent bass, even if it wasn’t necessarily the most precise or well-controlled.

Seems like so far there’s a consensus that perhaps Aeolus is a good basshead option as far as the ZMF lineup goes?

For me Atticus had almost too much bass with leather pads, and hit the sweet spot with eikon suede. I’m not a bass head so ymmv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back