ZMF Lambskin earpads for Sennheiser HD 600 REVIEW*
Jun 21, 2016 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

evmedievalol

Head-Fier
Hi guys,
This is my first time making a review of a product. It may not be a professional review but I hope you enjoy!
When I was in the market for a studio quality headphone, I watched a lot of reviews on forums and YouTube videos. Before I even chose which headphone I wanted to buy, ZMF Ear pads completely grabbed my interest! Lambskin leather. What a sexy texture it has.. I knew I wanted ZMF pads for whichever headphone I get.
It looked so comfortable and high quality. I was keep watching videos of ZMF headphones with lambskin earpads just so I can look at the pads. I personally love leather products. Classic and the older it gets, the more it looks better with wrinkles.

Photos of HD 600 and stock pads:

ZMF Pads:

Just as I expected, I love the feel of the lambskin leather, feel of the pads pushing against the sides of my head.

These pads do add some thickness compared to stock pads so you might feel little more clamping force.
My ears do get little more warmer than stock pads but i still love these over the stock ones.

Installation:

You need the plastic ring inside the stock pad for your new pads.

To remove the stock pads from the plastic ring, I simply made two slits behind the pads.
Used hair dryer to heat up the glue that holds the ring and pad together. It makes the job easier to get it out. (I noticed that most of people use a knife to cut away the stock pads.. it’s completely not necessary..)
This way you can go back to stock pads in the future if you wanted.

Plastic ring in the new pad

ZMF pads needs a simple modification to install on Sennheiser HD 600. The size of the oval doesn’t match perfectly with HD 600. All I had to do was trim the back of the pads to match the oval size of the plastic ring on HD 600.

Then, I used few dabs of Krazy Glue to hold the plastic ring inside the pads.

Sound: I am not an audiophile but in my opinion, the sound improved. Treble seems to be brightened up just a bit.
With the HD 600 stock pads, I always felt like the vocal is recessed a little bit. With ZMF pads, I am enjoying the vocal sound as well as everything else! It's my personal opinion.

Everyone has different taste of sound. For me, ZMF pads made me love my HD 600 even more.

I can tell you for sure that the comfort these pads give, it’s great. The soft touch to my skin...ahh :)
It’s easier for me to adjust my glasses when wearing these pads.
Not to mention that, my headphone looks great just sitting on the headphone stand now.

This review is from a guy who likes to listen to music, and enjoys the neutral sound. 
So if you want to buy ZMF pads, then do little research on your own too!

If there is something i can improve on then please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back