ZMF Grado Headphones : Pad Mod Review
Feb 6, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #16 of 22
Feb 6, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #17 of 22
How about sibilance with ZMF Beyer Pad Mod? I have Hemps and RS2x.
If these pads increase sibilance at any level to RS2x they are no to go for me.

Feb 10, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 22
I'd be interested to hear what you think once you get them, thinking about trying this on my GH-1's.

After spending the entire morning listening to the RS-1x while swapping from the standard L cushions to the ZMF Beyer mod and back a couple times, I'll have to say that the majority of my time forward will be spent with the ZMF Beyer mod in place.

With my 60+ year old ears, I am having a really tough time finding a difference in the sound signature overall. The Grado sound is still there, the bass is ever so slightly improved, and the increased comfort is the icing on the cake. I like icing on my cake.

I have not tried the G cushions yet.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #19 of 22
After spending the entire morning listening to the RS-1x while swapping from the standard L cushions to the ZMF Beyer mod and back a couple times, I'll have to say that the majority of my time forward will be spent with the ZMF Beyer mod in place.

With my 60+ year old ears, I am having a really tough time finding a difference in the sound signature overall. The Grado sound is still there, the bass is ever so slightly improved, and the increased comfort is the icing on the cake. I like icing on my cake.

I have not tried the G cushions yet.
Curious, @OptionTrader, do you have enough room with the Beyer pads to make your Grados true over-ear? Wide and deep enough? I have some odd cartilage in my right ear that needs a bit more space than some pads provide, but Audeze and HiFiMan stock pads always have worked for me, as do stock and ZMF pads for my HD 6XX.

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 22
Curious, @OptionTrader, do you have enough room with the Beyer pads to make your Grados true over-ear? Wide and deep enough? I have some odd cartilage in my right ear that needs a bit more space than some pads provide, but Audeze and HiFiMan stock pads always have worked for me, as do stock and ZMF pads for my HD 6XX.

Thanks!

The Beyer pads definitely fit around my ears, just like my T1.3 does. I find them to be very comfortable. The ZMF-Beyer mod for the Grado works for me.

Apr 26, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #21 of 22
I have a Grado Ps2000e and a Grado rs2e. Which zmf pads would you recommended? Do I have to buy pads for each hp? I believe I will have to buy an adapter for each hp bowl (the Ps2000e bowl is the biggest one).

Apr 26, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #22 of 22
For my Rs2e i use ori leather perforated

Attachments

• IMG_7146.jpeg
    IMG_7146.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back