ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #5,836 of 6,229
Wow, the new Atrium 2024 looks stunning!

DSC3103_1024x1024@2x.jpg
I'm curious what the differences are between this and the previous stock finish? looks very similar to my eye, maybe slightly shinier?

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #5,837 of 6,229
I'm curious what the differences are between this and the previous stock finish? looks very similar to my eye, maybe slightly shinier?
I believe the wood does have a slight amber finish to it compared to the OG stock Atrium. Also, I spy some blue fabric behind the grilles vs what I believe was just black originally.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #5,839 of 6,229
I believe the wood does have a slight amber finish to it compared to the OG stock Atrium. Also, I spy some blue fabric behind the grilles vs what I believe was just black originally.
Ah yeah now I see it thanks!

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #5,840 of 6,229
Abyss fanboy checking in with the first few hours on ZMF Atrium. What a phenomenal counterpoint they are to my existing detail monsters in the Abyss 1266 and Diana TCs.

Listening to Nick Drake's Pink Moon is movingly intimate in a way I haven't experienced before. Thom Yorke's voice in the rarely heard Radiohead song 'Gagging Order' too. It feels like I've been invited into the vocal booth with him.

I'm so glad I got tired of seeing "ZMF" in other people's signatures in Abyss threads. I can understand why they're there. They bring something to the table that the Abyss really can't. And to think all of this is before I've tried tubes :)

Very much enjoying the Auteur pads currently, but will try week on/week off with the Universe, and got some BE2 Suede incoming too.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #5,841 of 6,229
Abyss fanboy checking in with the first few hours on ZMF Atrium. What a phenomenal counterpoint they are to my existing detail monsters in the Abyss 1266 and Diana TCs.

Listening to Nick Drake's Pink Moon is movingly intimate in a way I haven't experienced before. Thom Yorke's voice in the rarely heard Radiohead song 'Gagging Order' too. It feels like I've been invited into the vocal booth with him.

I'm so glad I got tired of seeing "ZMF" in other people's signatures in Abyss threads. I can understand why they're there. They bring something to the table that the Abyss really can't. And to think all of this is before I've tried tubes :)

Very much enjoying the Auteur pads currently, but will try week on/week off with the Universe, and got some BE2 Suede incoming too.
Great music choices :)

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #5,842 of 6,229

Also add Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated pads to your test list... a worthy alternative (which I currently prefer)

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #5,843 of 6,229
Listening to Nick Drake's Pink Moon is movingly intimate in a way I haven't experienced before.

This prompted me to revisit one my old favorites... have a great weekend everyone :)

1709330146125.png

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #5,844 of 6,229
Also add Caldera Lambskin Ultra Perforated pads to your test list... a worthy alternative (which I currently prefer)
Agreed my favorite pad on the Atrium.

I was switching pads on the Caldera from thick to suede tonight and decided to try the Caldera thick pads on the Atrium.

The good, it turns them into bass cannons. The bad it sounds like someone took powered speakers turned up the bass dial too much and made it worse by turning down the treble dial.

It reminded me of when I tried a pair of closed back gaming headset and played music through them or listening to some $80 Logitech computer speakers.

To say the least I will not be doing that ever again.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #5,845 of 6,229

I was switching pads on the Caldera from thick to suede tonight and decided to try the Caldera thick pads on the Atrium.

The good, it turns them into bass cannons. The bad it sounds like someone took powered speakers turned up the bass dial too much and made it worse by turning down the treble dial.

It reminded me of when I tried a pair of closed back gaming headset and played music through them or listening to some $80 Logitech computer speakers.

thansk for sharing

year I thnk those weren't meant for the AO for good reason... :wink:

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #5,846 of 6,229
It's currently well past midnight and I should be asleep, I am quite tired, kept saying one more song.... Currently listening to both parts of this album, the irony of name of the artist is not lost on me lol. Really loving these headphones :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302_003410_EverSolo Controller.jpg
    Screenshot_20240302_003410_EverSolo Controller.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 2, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #5,847 of 6,229
It's currently well past midnight and I should be asleep, I am quite tired, kept saying one more song.... Currently listening to both parts of this album, the irony of name of the artist is not lost on me lol. Really loving these headphones :)

Been there many times haha. You can spend hours as if no time has passed. Just ONE more album!

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #5,848 of 6,229

I have been wondering, if Ultra Perforated Thick Caldera pads would work well with Atrium.

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #5,849 of 6,229
My long-awaited Atrium in aged cherry / copper arrived yesterday and it's everything I'd hoped it would be; absolutely spectacular both sonically and visually. Somewhat surprisingly coming from the Aeolus, which I never thought twice about having on, I'm finding I might actually be somewhat sensitive to the weight. I opted for the aluminum chassis for durability, but am starting to wonder whether I should have opted for magnesium to save that 30 or so grams.

I would be heartbroken to ever even think about parting ways with this masterpiece, so I'm curious what others have found to be the best "comfort" upgrade from the standard suspension strap, either the new BBB strap or the co-pilot pad? I thought about reaching out to ZMF to inquire about sending them in to swap the chassis to magnesium, if that's something they even do, but would hate to go through the trouble to find it didn't make enough of a difference (maybe my head is just getting soft in my old age!). Thanks in advance!

IMG_5723.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #5,850 of 6,229
My long-awaited Atrium in aged cherry / copper arrived yesterday and it's everything I'd hoped it would be; absolutely spectacular both sonically and visually. Somewhat surprisingly coming from the Aeolus, which I never thought twice about having on, I'm finding I might actually be somewhat sensitive to the weight. I opted for the aluminum chassis for durability, but am starting to wonder whether I should have opted for magnesium to save that 30 or so grams.

I would be heartbroken to ever even think about parting ways with this masterpiece, so I'm curious what others have found to be the best "comfort" upgrade from the standard suspension strap, either the new BBB strap or the co-pilot pad? I thought about reaching out to ZMF to inquire about sending them in to swap the chassis to magnesium, if that's something they even do, but would hate to go through the trouble to find it didn't make enough of a difference (maybe my head is just getting soft in my old age!). Thanks in advance!

IMG_5723.jpg
Get the BBB strap.

I got the BBB strap for my Caldera and didn't upgrade the headband and I don't even notice the weight. I also did the same thing with the Queensland Maple AC I just purchased.

I do have the magnesium and BBB strap on my AO and if I wear the two, I can't tell the difference in weight.

The BBB also helps get a better fit overall on my head on the yokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back