ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #5,536 of 6,249
I apologize for the laziness of non searching and I’m sure answered numerous times before…remind me the stock pads of the atrium open again? universe lamb skin perforated, correct?

(I ask because Zach based on his recommendation fitted mine with caldera UP and I’d be curious of possibly checking out the OG stock sound of the atrium with its stock supplied pads)

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #5,537 of 6,249
I apologize for the laziness of non searching and I’m sure answered numerous times before…remind me the stock pads of the atrium open again? universe lamb skin perforated, correct?

(I ask because Zach based on his recommendation fitted mine with caldera UP and I’d be curious of possibly checking out the OG stock sound of the atrium with its stock supplied pads)
Correct. Universe Perf Lambskins are stock. Caldera Ultra Perf is now probably the alt stock pads, with the Auteur Perf Lambskin close behind.

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #5,538 of 6,249
Does anyone have any info on any other Ultra Perforated pads for the Atrium other than the regular Caldera Ultra Perforated ones? I would be very interested in the possibility of Thick Caldera Ultra Perforated pads. Zach mentioned a while ago that he is planning to test other Ultra Perforated pads soon as well.

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #5,539 of 6,249
Does anyone have any info on any other Ultra Perforated pads for the Atrium other than the regular Caldera Ultra Perforated ones? I would be very interested in the possibility of Thick Caldera Ultra Perforated pads. Zach mentioned a while ago that he is planning to test other Ultra Perforated pads soon as well.

I'd also be interested in an ultra perforated version of the Caldera Thick pads. The only other pad I know of with ultra perforations is the Verite pads from ZMF November.

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #5,540 of 6,249
Switching from the Verite pads to the Auteur pads is almost comical. I didn't realize how thin the Verite pads were until I actually put them side by side. You truly feel the driver sitting next to your ears with the Verite pads and I think this provides a really tactile, punchy bass. But ultimately I always end up preferring the Auteur pads for that warmer/ euphonic and big sound more.

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #5,541 of 6,249
Correct. Universe Perf Lambskins are stock. Caldera Ultra Perf is now probably the alt stock pads, with the Auteur Perf Lambskin close behind.

Quick question - the ones I just got are actually hybrid - how would those compare to the straight up lamb skins?

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #5,542 of 6,249
Quick question - the ones I just got are actually hybrid - how would those compare to the straight up lamb skins?
Hybrid pads can be very hit or miss for people. It's been awhile since I've heard them, but you can check out what I wrote in my pad write-up for the AO. Link in my sig below.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #5,543 of 6,249

They're pretty similar sounding but I like the full lambskin more. Using the hybrids at the moment. The mids seem just slightly more forward to me, and there's less bass quantity. It also smooths out any peaks.

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #5,544 of 6,249
Hybrid pads can be very hit or miss for people. It's been awhile since I've heard them, but you can check out what I wrote in my pad write-up for the AO. Link in my sig below.

They're pretty similar sounding but I like the full lambskin more. Using the hybrids at the moment. The mids seem just slightly more forward to me, and there's less bass quantity. It also smooths out any peaks.
Obviously I’ll be able to hear for myself when they arrive, but I’d be curious your thoughts on how the universe hybrids compare to the caldera ultra perfs

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #5,545 of 6,249
Was listening to this via Atrium/Burson today and it just blew me away. This headphone just continues to amaze me and is without a doubt a headphone that makes me want to just listen…..

1705360383310.jpeg

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #5,546 of 6,249
Was listening to this via Atrium/Burson today and it just blew me away. This headphone just continues to amaze me and is without a doubt a headphone that makes me want to just listen…..

1705360383310.jpeg
Better to listen than to watch... :smirk:

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #5,547 of 6,249

1705360383310.jpeg
Dude, the mixing on this is incredible!

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #5,549 of 6,249

Better to listen than to watch... :smirk:

Dude, the mixing on this is incredible!
Cowboy Bebop was a cool sci-fi anime series when it came out in the late 1990's and the jazzy soundtrack added to the cool factor. It was an odd combination to me when I first heard the intro but it worked with the grifting and bounty hunting of the characters. I have not seen the live action version so can't comment on that.
One of the best opening intros and does sound nice on the Atrium :thumbsup:

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #5,550 of 6,249

1705360383310.jpeg
Thanks for this. I didn't give the show a single episode, but the soundtrack is something else. Reminds me of some of the stranger RCA living Stereo albums I have in my collection - Very Fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back