ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Nov 28, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #5,296 of 6,396
I guess you're going to have to one up her. "Just wait until you see what I got for you...."
I tried to explain how I had purchased a pre-owned Atrium in a preemptive move TO SAVE MONEY - to prevent me from buying a fancy (and more expensive) Atrium at CanJam Dallas. That statement was met with skepticism. In hindsight, I probably should have waited and got one at CanJam or one of the sweet November releases!

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #5,297 of 6,396
Shouty & honky are 2 things I've never gotten from the Atrium or any other ZMF.
I used these exact terms to originally describe the Clear MG's when I first got them. Took me about 2 months to realize the issue was the absolute garbage factory cable that Focal sends with them. Replaced it with an Audiophile Ninja and that solved the problem right quick. YMMV, etc.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #5,298 of 6,396
I used these exact terms to originally describe the Clear MG's when I first got them. Took me about 2 months to realize the issue was the absolute garbage factory cable that Focal sends with them. Replaced it with an Audiophile Ninja and that solved the problem right quick. YMMV, etc.
I'm using my Clear MG with a Hart Audio cable. Makes no difference.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #5,299 of 6,396
I tried to explain how I had purchased a pre-owned Atrium in a preemptive move TO SAVE MONEY - to prevent me from buying a fancy (and more expensive) Atrium at CanJam Dallas. That statement was met with skepticism. In hindsight, I probably should have waited and got one at CanJam or one of the sweet November releases!
I’ve actually tried things like that as well. You might also want to add to your repertoire that these do not lose their value and that when you sell them you’ll get your money back in full.

I’ve been into motorcycles for many years and whenever I buy a new one I always buy black and this way it always looks like the same bike in the garage.

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #5,302 of 6,396
I really love how these headphones look, any version in purple is my dream, I hope one day I can have one of these in my collection
I thought the same thing, until I got my ebony/ivory Atrium Closed, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #5,303 of 6,396
I wish everyone would include a picture of their ZMF HP every time I see one I want another. Especially the new Caldera, saving my pennies. I just reserved a new Burson Voyager. Maybe after that one shows up. Mine is one of the earlier versions of Atrium open, I keep emaculate because it looks so good compared to my other HP

Attachments

• Z62_0397.jpeg
    Z62_0397.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #5,304 of 6,396
I wish everyone would include a picture of their ZMF HP every time I see one I want another. Especially the new Caldera, saving my pennies. I just reserved a new Burson Voyager. Maybe after that one shows up. Mine is one of the earlier versions of Atrium open, I keep emaculate because it looks so good compared to my other HP
Well I don’t have my AO at work but here’s my AC Grimace edition. :)

So blessed to be able to listen all day every day while working.

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #5,307 of 6,396
Well hot damn, I want that one but I have an Atrium already, why are they getting more beautiful by the day??

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #5,308 of 6,396
Well hot damn, I want that one but I have an Atrium already, why are they getting more beautiful by the day??
They do get better and better looking don't they? I've been following ZMF since the Fostex days and the woodworking/finishing evolution has been amazing. Not that those older units were bad, they were and still are stunning. But these new ideas (resins, burnt ash, etc) really push the boundaries in amazing ways. Zach should create a ZMF museum in his building if he hasn't already, displaying a few units from every year of business from the Fostex days to today. That would be something truly special to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back