ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 5, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #4,367 of 6,237
What… this Friday is going to be a… Good Friday?!?

Ok… I’ll pop the light off on the way out 😞

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #4,368 of 6,237
Trying out the Auteur lambskin pads tonight. Significantly larger soundstage than the Be2 suede I've been using lately, more holographic. Less linear sounding, slightly warmer and colored. Soundstage seems larger than the Universe pads to me, especially in depth and verticality but I'll have to compare them more.

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #4,369 of 6,237
R&B fans, Morgan James sounds so good on the Atrium.

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #4,371 of 6,237
R&B fans, Morgan James sounds so good on the Atrium.

A favourite track in my playlist...:

1680825528837.png

Apr 7, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #4,373 of 6,237
The Clash - Clampdown. In the middle of the song somewhere there's a bell that sounds like it goes behind your head. I've listened to this album a million times and never heard that stage. These headphones are phenomenal.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #4,374 of 6,237
The Clash - Clampdown. In the middle of the song somewhere there's a bell that sounds like it goes behind your head. I've listened to this album a million times and never heard that stage. These headphones are phenomenal.
Yep, there are little oddities that you pick up from headphones.

But you are absolutely right — phenomenal!

And I’m amazed that I can enjoy

mTT2 ==> Bottlehead Crack ==> Atrium
and
mTT2 ==> DSHA-3F ==> Atrium

equally. Not the same but equally enjoyable. I continue to be very happy with my BHC purchase as an alternative to my 3F.

It’s fun to plug Auteur into one chain & Atrium into the other. Both SE and balanced out are active on the TT2, and I can match volume on the two amps and control both using the TT2 remote w/ it in amp mode. With some tracks the difference between:

3F ==> Atrium and BHC ==> Auteur

is huge, while for other tracks I have to check which set I have on, and it’s unpredictable which it will be.

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #4,375 of 6,237
Apr 7, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #4,376 of 6,237
Her Blue cover by Joni Mitchell is fantastic.

Hey, what a coincidence; I've recently discovered Morgan James and I particularly love her live CD with this song on it. Very highly recommended!

I also love Tierney Sutton's version of Blue on her After Blue CD.; worth getting, IMHO.

OK, perhaps we stray a little from the subject of Atrium ... but it's great that we have this passion for music, and the Atrium helps so much to satisfy this passion. That's what it's all about.

Apr 7, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #4,377 of 6,237
Did it benefit edm? Also if you eq treble? Would it take it? I know I’ve asked this but more specifically How would you comment on detail retrieval comparison?
Can you say Atrium is more musical even when LCD-XC is EQed?
Btw I have the 2020 version.
Thank you.
Don't want to derail the thread and add more confusion, but for metal (which is my main listening genre ) it's worth to have a look at the Veritè Open. :)

But I haven't listen to the Atrium yet to draw a final conclusion myself. :wink:

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #4,378 of 6,237
I continue to be very happy with my BHC purchase as an alternative to my 3F.
The BHC is one of the best values in head-fi, full stop. It scales amazingly well.

I have a feeling that some people dismiss it because of its price and/or diy -- so, how could it possibly compete with higher-end tube goodness?

😏

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #4,379 of 6,237
@Failed Engineer

Thanks for the great tip,really great album.I'm listening to it right now with the Auteur Og.
As my ordered Atrium is still in process and will take weeks to arrive.
Looking forward to listening to it again when it arrives.

There are some beautiful songs on it, very great vocals or acoustic instruments, it's fun to listen to in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back