ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Aug 29, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #2,746 of 6,516
I know most people feel that the Atrium doesn't need EQ, but has anyone messed around with PEQ and gotten results they liked? I've been waiting for Oratory1990, AutoEQ, etc. settings, but it doesn't seem that any exist at this point.

I personally EQ most of my headphones -- for example, I like the VCs much more with EQ than without.

Aug 29, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #2,747 of 6,516
Yggy LIM + Elise OTL + ZMF = Heaven.

Its it my go to setup for anything ZMF. The Yggy is more dynamic sounding than my R2R Pontus 2. So the Elise OTL with its warm tubey sound goes perfectly with it. The Yggy, more so than the Pontus 2 creates a holographic sound that is hard to describe but easy to enjoy. The Pontus 2 with the Elise sounded extremely tubey (often too much because of my particularly specific tube roll) because of its warm sound signature. However, when paired with a smooth, transparent amp like a GSX mini and the P2 shines, but thats not what we are talking about here.

The Yggy matches really well with tube amps and thats just good news for zmf cans. The Yggy is more resolving, resulting in the amp/headphone characteristics becoming more apparent in the sound delivery. Between the P2 and the Yggy, i would choose the yggy for my zmf cans every single time.
I could imagine LiM + tubes was a good combination because Mike Muffat is a tubey guy and prefer the LiM over the other versions. Hope Schiit Europe get stock soon, they received all products already less the DAC's...

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #2,748 of 6,516
Beauty. Gives me amp jealousy…:)
This amp should probably create quite a stir if it goes to Can Jam!. LordGywn is brilliant. I still wait to hear the full potential of my Airmid. But even just streaming straight off the computer with tidal and my tweaky temporary setup the Airmid is arguably the most musical Amplifier I have ever heard. With National Unions 6J5GT's and Tungsol 5998's it creates immense stage if it's in the recording with the VC and speed dynamics, kick, punch PRAT bass and upper frequency air like nothing else. And the mids, the name says it all. So I am certainly looking forward to the reaction people have to LordGywn's latest masterpiece!

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #2,749 of 6,516
Indeed, I met him at the NY Canjam in 2017. Thanked him for his service and let him know I respected his HOF career. I also let him know, with all that said, I'm a life long Lakers fan. He laughed and said " Thats ok. They need fans too"

PS- He is tall.

Ha, pretty cool. This guy always seemed like such a class act the way he carried himself when he was playing.

Isn't he like over 7 foot tall. Him & Duncan were great together.

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,750 of 6,516
This amp should probably create quite a stir if it goes to Can Jam!. LordGywn is brilliant. I still wait to hear the full potential of my Airmid. But even just streaming straight off the computer with tidal and my tweaky temporary setup the Airmid is arguably the most musical Amplifier I have ever heard. With National Unions 6J5GT's and Tungsol 5998's it creates immense stage if it's in the recording with the VC and speed dynamics, kick, punch PRAT bass and upper frequency air like nothing else. And the mids, the name says it all. So I am certainly looking forward to the reaction people have to LordGywn's latest masterpiece!

Wow thanks! I sure hope people like it, it is different in many ways from other circuits I've designed. I am now going through the "but is it as good as I think?" phase 🤔 happens every time. But days and days in a row of listening make your ears unreliable. I am on a trip, looking forward to listening with fresh ears when I get back before sending it off. Then we will see :)

Aug 30, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #2,751 of 6,516
This is a fantastic song that really shows off the soundstage and imaging of the Atrium's:

You don't even need to watch the video to visualize where the drum kit and high hat is situated. The imaging of these headphones is incredible.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #2,752 of 6,516
Wow thanks! I sure hope people like it, it is different in many ways from other circuits I've designed. I am now going through the "but is it as good as I think?" phase 🤔 happens every time. But days and days in a row of listening make your ears unreliable. I am on a trip, looking forward to listening with fresh ears when I get back before sending it off. Then we will see :)
Happy tripping,

Jgwtriode

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #2,753 of 6,516
From last weekend's Meet:

2022_0828_18334300.jpg

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #2,756 of 6,516
I could imagine LiM + tubes was a good combination because Mike Muffat is a tubey guy and prefer the LiM over the other versions. Hope Schiit Europe get stock soon, they received all products already less the DAC's...

Just order direct from the US.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #2,757 of 6,516
Just order direct from the US.
Yggy is a pain to order, the EUR devaluation, 150$ Shipping because the size and the weight, and here we have 21% VAT, would be 3100€ , while the schiit Europe are 2500€. I will consider if there is no stock in the next months.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #2,758 of 6,516
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 31, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #2,759 of 6,516
Would people suggest a Crackatwoa or Mainline for the Atrium? (And only the Atrium will be used)
Loving the Crack on it, warmth, more taut bass - looking for more. I'm leaning Crackatwoa given the warm sound signature, on paper it makes more sense. Or anyone able to say that the synergy with the Atrium is just better on the Mainline?

Aug 31, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #2,760 of 6,516
Yggy is a pain to order, the EUR devaluation, 150$ Shipping because the size and the weight, and here we have 21% VAT, would be 3100€ , while the schiit Europe are 2500€. I will consider if there is no stock in the next months.

Have got in touch with Schiit UK to find out when they will have stock. They are based 5 mins away from me and it would save the 20% tax on import. I always forget that when ordering from overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back