ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jan 30, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #5,701 of 6,293
Amphitrite arrived this past week and it looks gorgeous! Like everyone else, they're hard to do justice in photographs to the awesomeness that they are in real life. Wanted to get some good light though so you can see how cool the wood grain and colors look. I really dig how different each cup looks.

Feeling very grateful to own these. Thanks so much @zach915m and everyone else at ZMF!

IMG_7688.jpgIMG_7689.jpgIMG_7690.jpg

The design complement your caldera so well mate.

Btw, is that Black/Brown BBB strap? I'd be more than glad to own one to pair with my Caldera.

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #5,702 of 6,293
Got my Atriums today :darthsmile: Not as spectacular as some of the limited sets, but very good looking nevertheless. I assume the B-stock status comes from the slight deviations in the wood on B-stock stamp side, which is very minor, so I'm happy with my decision to go with the cheaper alternative. This way I got them for the "standard" price, since the damn taxes are almost 500€.

Congrats, those look awesome! Zach's standards are so high that most of the time to us his B stock would be top shelf A stock. I don't see anything off with that wood, they look amazing. Sometimes the "simple" wood sets look the best. Yes the stabilized and resin sets look amazing, but so too does the nice stock wood.

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #5,703 of 6,293
@erics75 Cheers, and agreed, there's a minimalistic and elegant kind of beauty in the stock sets.

Got around two hours on them so far, I can see why people list them as one of the best headphones for metal! Going through some of my most listened albums lately (Blood Red Throne, Frozen Soul, SIGIR to name a few) and it's spectacular.

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #5,704 of 6,293
Rolled in some KenRad Black Glass tubes in Freya+ and these pair of Atrium are really kicking. Huge sound. Called in sick at work :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #5,705 of 6,293
Got my Atriums today :darthsmile: Not as spectacular as some of the limited sets, but very good looking nevertheless. I assume the B-stock status comes from the slight deviations in the wood on B-stock stamp side, which is very minor, so I'm happy with my decision to go with the cheaper alternative. This way I got them for the "standard" price, since the damn taxes are almost 500€.

IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2900.jpg

Hey congrats! The Atrium Cherry is still one of the coolest versions. Can't wait to hear what you think. Also, just to ease your mind, you're not alone in dealing with high import taxes. Here in Quebec, it's a whopping 14.75%, and our dollar isn't doing us any favors against the USD.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #5,706 of 6,293
Hey congrats! The Atrium Cherry is still one of the coolest versions. Can't wait to hear what you think. Also, just to ease your mind, you're not alone in dealing with high import taxes. Here in Quebec, it's a whopping 14.75%, and our dollar isn't doing us any favors against the USD.
Cheers, your posts have at times made the waiting really hard lol (I mean that in the best possible way), we seem to have pretty similar tastes. I'll give impressions once I've got properly accustomed to them, also got the BE2 pads I need to try, but going to go a few days with the stock ones first.

24% taxes here, although out currency sits better against the usd, but yeah it sucks.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #5,707 of 6,293
Cheers, your posts have at times made the waiting really hard lol (I mean that in the best possible way), we seem to have pretty similar tastes. I'll give impressions once I've got properly accustomed to them, also got the BE2 pads I need to try, but going to go a few days with the stock ones first.

24% taxes here, although out currency sits better against the usd, but yeah it sucks.

Haha, I've been rocking the Atrium for almost two years now, and it's still my absolute favorite. When they start feeling a bit meh, I just switch up the pads, and boom, love rekindled, lol. My go-to pads are the Universe ones with the stock vented mesh. Also dig the Caldera ultra perf pads with full mesh and the Auteur pads with stock vented mesh. Tried the B2E pads a while back, sound was cool, but they messed a bit with the soundstage, so I ended up selling them. Feel free to hit me up if you've got any questions about tweaking the sound!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #5,708 of 6,293
Rolled in some KenRad Black Glass tubes in Freya+ and these pair of Atrium are really kicking. Huge sound. Called in sick at work :darthsmile:
hmmm, makes one wonder how much lost work time occurs after ZMF orders are fulfilled....:thinking:

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #5,710 of 6,293
The design complement your caldera so well mate.

Btw, is that Black/Brown BBB strap? I'd be more than glad to own one to pair with my Caldera.
Indeed it does! That's why I got a very different looking AC for contrast. If only you could take pictures of them all...!

Yup - brown BBB! Atrium fits the best to me out of all ZMF headphones I own.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #5,711 of 6,293
Indeed it does! That's why I got a very different looking AC for contrast. If only you could take pictures of them all...!

Yup - brown BBB! Atrium fits the best to me out of all ZMF headphones I own.

Brown BBB FTW! It’s one of the things that attracted me to my Enoki’s!

IMG_1469.jpeg

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #5,712 of 6,293
@erics75 Cheers, and agreed, there's a minimalistic and elegant kind of beauty in the stock sets.

Got around two hours on them so far, I can see why people list them as one of the best headphones for metal! Going through some of my most listened albums lately (Blood Red Throne, Frozen Soul, SIGIR to name a few) and it's spectacular.
You will be surprised how much they open up and and hit their acoustic stride when they are burned in. At about 25-50 hours of listening is when I noticed an audible difference as they burned in.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #5,713 of 6,293
You will be surprised how much they open up and and hit their acoustic stride when they are burned in. At about 25-50 hours of listening is when I noticed an audible difference as they burned in.
that is definitely what i'm waiting for, I get a sense of what it can do in terms of staging, but it definitely feels like it hasn't open up yet.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #5,714 of 6,293
that is definitely what i'm waiting for, I get a sense of what it can do in terms of staging, but it definitely feels like it hasn't open up yet.
Zach recommends 200-300 hours before the sound is more or less finalized.

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #5,715 of 6,293
so I have been putting in some hours into the atrium, be it passive burn in or active listening. What I am noticing that despite having excellent depth, and decent width with staging. It actually presents itself kinda weird, where the left and right pans very much directly left and right, and with good depth, the staging is pretty much like an upside down "T" and not much in between, will that change by itself or pad change, or is that by design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back