ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Oct 16, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1,848 of 6,741
Very nice. Seems like you need to get your priorities in order and stop working so you can listen to them :).
I heartily agree. :gs1000smile:

I slipped them on for about a minute and listened out of my Fiio M9. Listening to the Keith Jarrett Trio and Brad Mehldau Trio, I definitely liked the sound of the upright bass, which had a nice extension and depth. I need more time with it, of course, and would like to make some comparisons with my HD800S.

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #1,849 of 6,741
I heartily agree. :gs1000smile:

I slipped them on for about a minute and listened out of my Fiio M9. Listening to the Keith Jarrett Trio and Brad Mehldau Trio, I definitely liked the sound of the upright bass, which had a nice extension and depth. I need more time with it, of course, and would like to make some comparisons with my HD800S.

Excellent first choices for testing them out. In the past, upright bass is something I would go straight to planars to listen to. But since the Aeolus showed up, I haven't even brought out the LCD2Cs for acoustic bass. I prefer the tonality of the Aeolus in the mids and treble anyway, so that's been a big win.

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #1,851 of 6,741
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #1,853 of 6,741
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,855 of 6,741
Thanks, when Zach said he was going to release an African Blackwood version of the Aeolus, I remember seeing the Auteur in this wood and decided to go for it with this one.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #1,856 of 6,741
Thanks, when Zach said he was going to release an African Blackwood version of the Aeolus, I remember seeing the Auteur in this wood and decided to go for it with this one.
That's the beauty of these headphones. Each one is just a little bit different!

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #1,857 of 6,741
Oct 20, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #1,859 of 6,741
Maybe off-topic, but thought I'd ask here because I'm just so in love with how Aeolus sound and hoping for something similar. Planning my next headphone purchase, though at a smaller budget. Need a set of closed-backs for work. Need basically full isolation, no leakage. I work in a startup co-working space so I can't use open-backs.

Still looking for something musical, with great mids and good bass. I'm quite treble sensitive so some of the Fostex I'd be worried about. I have a pair of B&O H6 but looking for an upgrade since they're more for portable use, and I want something I can get lost in while I need to concentrate and get work done.

I'd say in the $500 range. Would also consider IEMs (and have thought about Fiio FH7s) but I vastly prefer headphones and find it hard to get tips that are a good fit. Anyone with Aeolus have a set of closed-backs they love?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back