ZiShan Z3 Hi-Fi Player Thread
Sep 22, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 132
Thanks, that wasn't me talking about the sound being distant but it doesn't matter.

Been asking because I'm still looking for something more pocketable than my DSD to use with sensitive iems on the move, to replace my benjie S5 I'm not very happy with. The DSD is dedicated to at least 32 ohms single DDs (headphone or earbuds) as it's not ideal for multi bas.

As far as I can see all Z3 versions have 100 ohms output Z, so I can cross that one too, the quest continues :)

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #17 of 132
Thanks, that wasn't me talking about the sound being distant but it doesn't matter.

Been asking because I'm still looking for something more pocketable than my DSD to use with sensitive iems on the move, to replace my benjie S5 I'm not very happy with. The DSD is dedicated to at least 32 ohms single DDs (headphone or earbuds) as it's not ideal for multi bas.

As far as I can see all Z3 versions have 100 ohms output Z, so I can cross that one too, the quest continues :)
Should've gotten the ak4490 dsd, I keep it for b.a. Iems, the 4497 your right it is best on d.d.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #18 of 132
100ohm Z out sounds like quite an interactive number with any rise/dip in earphone impedance. Can Z3 be set up so only the graphic EQ is
in the chain? Some of my IEM are way too lean with the Walnut in its flat ("Jazz") position so could use some bass- upper bass boost for a more truthful presentation plus whatever peaks can be reduced with the graphic. Also, with hot signals does moving the graphic's sliders above 0 chance clipping either in the digital or analog domain? I'm also eyeing the T1 and hope it doesn't have presets as funky as Walnut V2 and also hope those can be kept out of the way so just the graphic can be employed.. I'd appreciate clarification on what tailoring it can do and overall sound quality when using the graphic EQ. ( Are some of the presets useful? )

Here's what I saw on my Walnut at its headphone out into a sound card Z (line out on Jazz
was ~ dead flat at 18.8KHz using an mp3 of pink noise)

twmoT9u.png

SsRf3IJ.png

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #19 of 132
Hey guys, does anyone have Blon 03? How does it sound on this device? Is the Z3 powerful enough?

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #20 of 132
100ohm Z out sounds like quite an interactive number with any rise/dip in earphone impedance. Can Z3 be set up so only the graphic EQ is
in the chain? Some of my IEM are way too lean with the Walnut in its flat ("Jazz") position so could use some bass- upper bass boost for a more truthful presentation plus whatever peaks can be reduced with the graphic. Also, with hot signals does moving the graphic's sliders above 0 chance clipping either in the digital or analog domain? I'm also eyeing the T1 and hope it doesn't have presets as funky as Walnut V2 and also hope those can be kept out of the way so just the graphic can be employed.. I'd appreciate clarification on what tailoring it can do and overall sound quality when using the graphic EQ. ( Are some of the presets useful? )

Here's what I saw on my Walnut at its headphone out into a sound card Z (line out on Jazz

twmoT9u.png

twmoT9u.png

SsRf3IJ.png
Got a new bad problem with Z3 - even with EQ turned off - the sound is horribly distorted -like its being run through a fuzz pedal on both headphone and line outputs. Is there a fix? - or has the player bricked ?

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #21 of 132
Need help, i just bought a zishan z3, the battery indicator and the led light is kind of wierd, sometimes the led light is on and sometimes not (when plugged with usb), also the battery indicator could change wierdly too, does anyone knows the problem with my device?

May 7, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #24 of 132
Hey guys, does anyone have Blon 03? How does it sound on this device? Is the Z3 powerful enough?
Hello Arjey,

I don't have bl-03, so i can't tell you how it'll sound with the z3. But about power, zishan can drive almost any portable cans you can get out there, so i believe it'll drive bl-03 easily.
Need help, i just bought a zishan z3, the battery indicator and the led light is kind of wierd, sometimes the led light is on and sometimes not (when plugged with usb), also the battery indicator could change wierdly too, does anyone knows the problem with my device?
Hello Gnd S,

Try to:
1. Update your firmware
2. "Hard" reset your z3

If this do nothing, feel free to discuss more here or through pm.
Hi, just bought this one. Do I need to update to firmware 03 or just keep the default firmware? Just asking in case there are some hiccups on the firmware like Ziku X9.
Hello roylan667,

I recommend you to do so since latest firmware usually provide better stability. So upgrade your firmware by following the steps provided by zishan (visit the first page for firmware informations)
Hi guys. I'm looking for a used zishan z3 Pro player to buy. Anybody wants to sell, let me know. I live in India.
Hello RIAarts,

I'm sorry, i don't have z3 so can't sell it to you. Hopefully someone else can offer you that.

Why don't you get a new z3 instead?

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #25 of 132
New zishan ak 4493 owner:
1Can i update firmware without emptying my sd card?(theres no way i have 64 gb of music inthere)
2on usb dac mode does it draw power from smartphone battery or internal battery?
3how do i know its fully charged?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #26 of 132
1Can i update firmware without emptying my sd card?(theres no way i have 64 gb of music inthere)
Yes, copy the FW file to the root of the microsdc card, insert the card, power on Z3, after FW upgrade remove the card and delete the file.

2on usb dac mode does it draw power from smartphone battery or internal battery?
I'm not sure, but I think it will power Z3 from Z3 battery and recharge the Z3 battery from the mobile phone.
Maybe a "data only" usb cable could be used (a cable without the +5V wire), but I never tried one of those.

3how do i know its fully charged?
When the blue power led near the usb cable turns off (with Z3 off), the batt is full.
The battery icon on the top right part of the screen will also be full.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #30 of 132
Ok z3 4493 is amazimg foreward impactfull bass and mids.
HINT:Whana know how to make it sound super sexy?"I eq the bass (raise the first subbas eq band.the second eq band bass,)lower a quite a bit so that the exessive bass does not "dumpen" the treble extension and clarity ,raise the highs(the last eq band full and the third from last almost half).now the treble extends and breaths beter,something that was lacking at first and the mids become equal to ziku mids but more forward!
It is a keeper i got it for free anyways(full refound)
I like the more dynamic less neutral ,FORWARD sound of zishan(compared to the deep vibrant neutrality of ziku x9,the king of treble extension,breathyness" of sound and highs extension)sooo much...
Lets see how much batery life it has mp3 320.if it is 8 hours i am more than pleased.inhmo:ziku x9=zishan z3>xduoo x2.or mayne ziku is the best of them by a liiitle bit just couse highs and treble extend a bit more
See the ziku x9 comparison its messy but i extracted a lot of info on the sub 50$ players here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/post-15702767

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back