Zippo-Fi
Dec 30, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 32
Here's mine. I have other one somewhere, cromed, with a skull, will take pics of it other day.

The question is: who will find what's wrong with this Zippo.

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #17 of 32
i've one that was bought some 7 or 8 yuears ago in france. it was 'Antique Copper' back then, though its now msotly dark brown with worn copper and brass bits round the edges. I love it in the way you love an ugly dog thats always been there for you for years.

Jan 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #18 of 32
Just out if interest what else can zippos run on? (Must spark)

Engine/2 stroke oil?
Alcohol? (like cheap aftershave you are given at xmas Addidas and the like)

I wont be runnning a real zippo on it, just a cheap copy (under $3 to be precise!)

Oneday i will get a real one, but im only 15 and my mum frowns upon me owning a lighter, even though many people my age just like to do/learn zippo tricks! (no pyro-ism here!)

Basically i cant buy the lighter fluid easily, and i like to do the tricks which light it, and without fuel i cant see if it lit the first time or not!

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #19 of 32
Theoretically any flammable liquid should work but I would highly discourage using it as it could be dangerous and although the lighter is cheap it still may cause it to break. How are you able to buy the lighter but not the fluid? You should be able to get them at the same store. Also if you ever start collecting real Zippos most people recommend never lighting them. Preserves the value better.

Jan 5, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At 15 i cant buy lighter fluid in shops. Have to be 16 i think, and my mum wont buy it for me cos she hates me having a zippo. But i want it to light for my tricks.

I believe you have to be 18 - You could pop down your local market on a Saturday morning and you'll probably be able to aquire some from the market traders.

Is anyone here on; latest videos - Lightertricks.com

??

Jan 5, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #23 of 32
I have one, silver with my last name engraved on it, use it daily
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #24 of 32
My fave is my copper one...but after much use, the copper is wearing off, revealing it's just copper plated brass.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dork Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe you have to be 18 - You could pop down your local market on a Saturday morning and you'll probably be able to aquire some from the market traders.

Is anyone here on; latest videos - Lightertricks.com

??

Yeah, unfortunatey i dont have a big bro or sis, but i could pop into one of the indian staffed shops in Bracknell. I know for sure they sell practically anything to anyone, or yeah, there is blackbush market.

I dont actually have the zippo copy yet, i was gonna get this one (DealExtreme: $2.73 Hawk Vintage Metal Oil Lighter (Brown)) cos its the cheapest, and if my mum takes it from me i havnt lost much money!

I dont really like bronze, if i touch pennies then rub my nose i can smell the bronze/copper and it makes me shivver lol. If it isnt coated / laqueredi will have that reaction.
I think i will probably and it down and spray it (got some cans from spraying rc car shells) and it should have a nice texture, no crappy logos/cheesy weed symbols anditll be a nice colour!

Oneday ill buy a real zippo
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #26 of 32
The zippo on the bottom is with a capital z it mean that it is a fake. I have a collection of armor zippos around 100 zippos i believe mostly armor ones.
smile.gif
Another sorry for your wallet hobby
wink.gif

edit. looked at another pic and the z was not capital but the flame on top of the i dident reach over the word zippo so i still think its a fake. looks slightly ticker than a orginal zippo also.
Quote:
Here's mine. I have other one somewhere, cromed, with a skull, will take pics of it other day.

The question is: who will find what's wrong with this Zippo.

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #29 of 32
I have this one
http://www.mindyourfingers.co.uk/zippo_254BJD.428_1.jpg

Picked it up in Cody, Wyoming a few years back. Wouldnt be unusual if I wasnt from the otherside of the world and had no idea the place existed until I got there

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #30 of 32
Just found this interesting read about Zippo, the life long guarantee and the fakes. Nice read!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703362904576218650845017800.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back