ZiiGaat IEMs discussion thread
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sheeno101

Head-Fier
I couldn't find a thread for ZiiGaat IEMs despite there being a bit of interest for one, so thought I might as well go ahead and set one up. Not exactly sure about the etiquette around this so feel free to close or merge if there is already one going.

Anyway, seems like most of the clamour and "Hype" at the moment is for the Doscinco and the Cincotres, with their 2x 10mm DDs arranged in an "isobaric" (according to the marketing materials anyway - apparently a controversial use of the term) configuration, complemented by 2x Sonion BAs and a Knowles super-tweeter. It all sounds very reminiscent of the Hype 4, with some suggesting that ZiiGaat is a sister company of Thieaudio - does anyone know if this is confirmed?

Between the two, it seems the Doscinco has bigger bass that extends further into the mids, giving it a warm and bassy signature, whereas the Cincotres has a tuck around 300 Hz so is the cleaner set, as well as having less quantity of bass in comparison, though the quality of bass on both has been praised from what I've read. Both seem to be getting very positive reviews from pretty much all those who've tried them so far, particularly considering their price.

I put my order in for the Doscinco last night :) For anyone who hasn't noticed, AE has some coupons up in many countries at the moment for Choice Day, but it appears they work with non-Choice items so I got £25 off my set. I'll be sharing my thoughts once I get mine, but I'm sure there are a fair few of us who would love to read others' experiences in the meantime :) And feel free to discuss any other ZiiGaat IEMs too!

Also, here are the Choice Day coupon codes for the UK - no idea if the codes are different for other countries though:

1709335808068.png

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 8
Quick update to say my Doscincos arrived today :) Have put them in my ears briefly but am pretty busy over the next few days so will need a week or so to come back with full impressions. Initial thoughts:
  • The bass is certainly great - amazing for the price. Surprisingly however, I'm not sure if it's better than my Tansio Mirai X Anniversary, although I haven't done any direct comparisons yet. So while a benchmark for the price, I wouldn't assume these kill your preferred basshead set just yet.
  • Having had my brain burned in to Penon IEMs recently, I think I'm glad I went for the Doscincos with their fuller sound signature rather than Cincotres. If anything I could currently do with bringing the lower mids forward even further, but I think that will change after I dePenonise my brain. These are definitely a set which prioritise bass over mids and treble, but neither mids nor treble are lacking which is a relief.
  • I definitely prefer these to my Canon II's when comparing stock tunings. Having been using my Canon II's with a Doscinco auto EQ profile for a while, however, I did a quick comparison of Doscinco vs Canon II EQ'd to Doscinco and it was quite close. Bass is still better on the Doscinco and overall it sounds a little smoother and more cohesive, but the Canons are over 90% of the way there. So while the 2x DD tech definitely does bring an advantage, early impressions are that it's not a revelatory difference vs a good single DD bass.

These are extremely early impressions and a lot could change as I take some proper time to compare sets across more of my library though! Most comparisons will be between the Canon II and the TSMR-X.

Mar 8, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 8
Quick update to say my Doscincos arrived today :) Have put them in my ears briefly but am pretty busy over the next few days so will need a week or so to come back with full impressions. Initial thoughts:
  • The bass is certainly great - amazing for the price. Surprisingly however, I'm not sure if it's better than my Tansio Mirai X Anniversary, although I haven't done any direct comparisons yet. So while a benchmark for the price, I wouldn't assume these kill your preferred basshead set just yet.
  • Having had my brain burned in to Penon IEMs recently, I think I'm glad I went for the Doscincos with their fuller sound signature rather than Cincotres. If anything I could currently do with bringing the lower mids forward even further, but I think that will change after I dePenonise my brain. These are definitely a set which prioritise bass over mids and treble, but neither mids nor treble are lacking which is a relief.
  • I definitely prefer these to my Canon II's when comparing stock tunings. Having been using my Canon II's with a Doscinco auto EQ profile for a while, however, I did a quick comparison of Doscinco vs Canon II EQ'd to Doscinco and it was quite close. Bass is still better on the Doscinco and overall it sounds a little smoother and more cohesive, but the Canons are over 90% of the way there. So while the 2x DD tech definitely does bring an advantage, early impressions are that it's not a revelatory difference vs a good single DD bass.

These are extremely early impressions and a lot could change as I take some proper time to compare sets across more of my library though! Most comparisons will be between the Canon II and the TSMR-X.
Looking forward to your full impressions on the Doscinco. Would like to see if it would be a nice addition to my collection - Xenns Top, EPZ 530 and Hidizs MP145

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Ok - went a little crazy and impulse-bought the Ziigaat Cincotres (sadly misspelled on the box as Cinocotres, but the IEMs themselves have the correct spelling).

I've been listening to it off and on for several hours and comparing it with a few of my other sets to try to wrap my head around what it's doing.

Thoughts below....

As usual - I bought with my own money. I'm not a professional reviewer. I always use either a FiiO BTR5 when on the go or a SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk2 through a Drop+THX AAA789 while at my desk - both in balanced. All music is streamed from Qobuz in the highest resolution they have available. That's overkill for a lot of my impressions threads, but I don't want the equipment to be the weak link when giving a set of headphones their proper due.

Ok - comfort and shape is great. It's not as molded as the AFUL Performer 8 or Kiwi Quintet, but larger than the Letshuoer Galileo. There are no rough edges or corners at all, so if you're sensitive to that (like I am), these are comfortable for LONG periods of time. Case is ok - a little flat for my taste, but it's fine. Cable (4.4) is good, though I'm using the Kinera Ace2 so I can use the switchable termination options (why doesn't everything over $200 have switchable termination?). Tips were fine, but I quickly swapped them for the Sedna Earfit Max ASMR which gave excellent seal and insertion depth. The Cincotres also seemed fine with the Spinfit CP100 if you need to make the nozzle a bit longer (though it wasn't necessary for me).

All that out of the way - the sound:

At first I thought it sounded a bit dull compared with my normal mid-range benchmark, the Kiwi Quintet. I bought it based on a graph I saw that showed it having very similar treble to the Quintet, but in my perception it does not - the Quintet has an ultra detailed (almost "etched") treble that while amazing, can become quite intense. The treble on the Cincotres has plenty of detail (it's far from muddy or indistinct), but it's further back in the mix. At first I thought there was something wrong with my set until I started looking at some other graph comparisons which showed a much steeper drop-off after the ear gain at 3k. Then I read the description from Linsoul ....
"The treble peaks precisely at 3kHz, which is the perfect compensation for the ear’s perceived pinna curvature. The treble is focused and natural, once again maximizing instrument and vocal clarity and bite, but not exaggerating artificial presence or details. The ultra treble has a comfortable extension to provide excellent staging and imaging, as well as atmosphere. The Cincotres is intended for professional stage musicians, studio engineers, and audiophiles who want a studio-monitor-like sound signature for an accurate interpretation of music."
Hmmmm. Looks like they very clearly said what they were going for here. I decided to compare it with the most "studio" of all my IEMs - the Etymotic ER3SE. This one is soooooo neutral that almost everyone considers it boring when they first put them in but after the listener gets used to its sound they begin to appreciate how "not gilding the lilly" can let amazing recordings shine without added melodrama. The only problem is that the ER3SE has very little sub-bass, and the Cincotres is designed for big bass below 300hz. How to compare them???

Solo harpsichord music to the rescue!

With almost nothing below 300hz (except for the mechanical sound of the action of the instrument), I could compare them "apples to apples" and.... they sound VERY similar. Yes, the ER3SE has even less high treble emphasis, and the single BA has the Etymotic timbre that isn't quite as natural as the 3x BA in the Cincotres, but the perceived frequency balance was much closer than anything else I'd heard. Trying it with some opera (some Mozart - lots of vocal ranges on display) - the same.

Now that I am comparing it to its "competition" I think Ziigaat absolutely nailed the tuning they wanted. Studio-style with no embellishments AND a powerhouse of a subwoofer.

It's a rare choice. Usually the people that want big bass are also going to want a ton of treble to compensate for it. Yet the Cincotres doesn't sound "dark" or "veiled" - there is plenty of detail present, and transients are crisp and well-defined. No hint of sibilance. Cymbal strikes in "Immigrant Song" by Zeppelin sound shimmery and clear, for example. For classical music I think it's great. It's also an excellent choice for classic rock which is often mixed with plenty of treble and not really enough deep bass.

The tuning is so unusual that I'm at a loss as to how to place it in my recommendation list. Let's try:

If you like the Etymotic ER3SE or EVO and you thought... "What this really needs is a 2xDD isobaric subwoofer," then have I got the recommendation for you! This is EXACTLY what you want.

If you're coming from the almost anything else I would want to know your preferences. For example, if you were trying to upgrade from the Simgot EA500LM, this has WAY less treble, and the bass has much much more authority. Is that what you're looking for? The Aful Performer 8 is aiming for the perception of neutrality, but in a different way - with far less pinna gain. Are these two comparable? Hard to say.

Anyway - I'm really enjoying them. I have very few bass-centric sets. Normally if I want big bass I would be listening to the Thor Mjolner. I think the Ziigaat Cincotres is a better listen. More neutral and careful with potential bloat or muddiness since the bass is almost PERFECTLY confined below 300hz. And it has FAR better subbass (the Mjolner is more of a mid-bass set).

For a detail-head like myself with my primary go-to sets being the Monarch Mk1, the Etymotic collection, planars, etc.... These are winning me over to the bass side. They're just so easy to listen to. And have big slam whenever it's needed.

A great listen.

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 8
Ok - went a little crazy and impulse-bought the Ziigaat Cincotres (sadly misspelled on the box as Cinocotres, but the IEMs themselves have the correct spelling).

I've been listening to it off and on for several hours and comparing it with a few of my other sets to try to wrap my head around what it's doing.

Thoughts below....

As usual - I bought with my own money. I'm not a professional reviewer. I always use either a FiiO BTR5 when on the go or a SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk2 through a Drop+THX AAA789 while at my desk - both in balanced. All music is streamed from Qobuz in the highest resolution they have available. That's overkill for a lot of my impressions threads, but I don't want the equipment to be the weak link when giving a set of headphones their proper due.

Ok - comfort and shape is great. It's not as molded as the AFUL Performer 8 or Kiwi Quintet, but larger than the Letshuoer Galileo. There are no rough edges or corners at all, so if you're sensitive to that (like I am), these are comfortable for LONG periods of time. Case is ok - a little flat for my taste, but it's fine. Cable (4.4) is good, though I'm using the Kinera Ace2 so I can use the switchable termination options (why doesn't everything over $200 have switchable termination?). Tips were fine, but I quickly swapped them for the Sedna Earfit Max ASMR which gave excellent seal and insertion depth. The Cincotres also seemed fine with the Spinfit CP100 if you need to make the nozzle a bit longer (though it wasn't necessary for me).

At first I thought it sounded a bit dull compared with my normal mid-range benchmark, the Kiwi Quintet. I bought it based on a graph I saw that showed it having very similar treble to the Quintet, but in my perception it does not - the Quintet has an ultra detailed (almost "etched") treble that while amazing, can become quite intense. The treble on the Cincotres has plenty of detail (it's far from muddy or indistinct), but it's further back in the mix. At first I thought there was something wrong with my set until I started looking at some other graph comparisons which showed a much steeper drop-off after the ear gain at 3k. Then I read the description from Linsoul ....

Hmmmm. Looks like they very clearly said what they were going for here. I decided to compare it with the most "studio" of all my IEMs - the Etymotic ER3SE. This one is soooooo neutral that almost everyone considers it boring when they first put them in but after the listener gets used to its sound they begin to appreciate how "not gilding the lilly" can let amazing recordings shine without added melodrama. The only problem is that the ER3SE has very little sub-bass, and the Cincotres is designed for big bass below 300hz. How to compare them???

With almost nothing below 300hz (except for the mechanical sound of the action of the instrument), I could compare them "apples to apples" and.... they sound VERY similar. Yes, the ER3SE has even less high treble emphasis, and the single BA has the Etymotic timbre that isn't quite as natural as the 3x BA in the Cincotres, but the perceived frequency balance was much closer than anything else I'd heard. Trying it with some opera (some Mozart - lots of vocal ranges on display) - the same.

Now that I am comparing it to its "competition" I think Ziigaat absolutely nailed the tuning they wanted. Studio-style with no embellishments AND a powerhouse of a subwoofer.

It's a rare choice. Usually the people that want big bass are also going to want a ton of treble to compensate for it. Yet the Cincotres doesn't sound "dark" or "veiled" - there is plenty of detail present, and transients are crisp and well-defined. No hint of sibilance. Cymbal strikes in "Immigrant Song" by Zeppelin sound shimmery and clear, for example. For classical music I think it's great. It's also an excellent choice for classic rock which is often mixed with plenty of treble and not really enough deep bass.

The tuning is so unusual that I'm at a loss as to how to place it in my recommendation list. Let's try:

If you like the Etymotic ER3SE or EVO and you thought... "What this really needs is a 2xDD isobaric subwoofer," then have I got the recommendation for you! This is EXACTLY what you want.

If you're coming from the almost anything else I would want to know your preferences. For example, if you were trying to upgrade from the Simgot EA500LM, this has WAY less treble, and the bass has much much more authority. Is that what you're looking for? The Aful Performer 8 is aiming for the perception of neutrality, but in a different way - with far less pinna gain. Are these two comparable? Hard to say.

Anyway - I'm really enjoying them. I have very few bass-centric sets. Normally if I want big bass I would be listening to the Thor Mjolner. I think the Ziigaat Cincotres is a better listen. More neutral and careful with potential bloat or muddiness since the bass is almost PERFECTLY confined below 300hz. And it has FAR better subbass (the Mjolner is more of a mid-bass set).

For a detail-head like myself with my primary go-to sets being the Monarch Mk1, the Etymotic collection, planars, etc.... These are winning me over to the bass side. They're just so easy to listen to. And have big slam whenever it's needed.

A great listen.
Great review, loving the different perspective you put in it (specially considering I have the EA500LM), very clear and concise.

Now I'm curious as to the difference between this Cincotres and the Doscinco Either will be my next purchase.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #6 of 8
919a9eb27504632d9b6a70c81304be1c561072e3.jpeg

First Impression: Ziigaat Cincotres

I ran through my whole test playlist once for this impression and I gotta say…not much is wrong.
Cincotres is a meatier sounding harman with some small sacrifices, but I think the benefit gained is worth it.

Compare to conventional harman-inspired sets, female vocals on the Cincotres are a bit dirtier and the overall instrumental separation and spaciousness is not as good, but male vocals are significantly more satisfying, and the bass is fuller and more engaging.

So far, Cincotres is simply a fun set. It plays 90% of my tracks satisfyingly. There are also no obvious red flags in the tuning, just smaller nitpicks.

I’ll test more and A/B for the full review, but so far so good. I’ll say at worst it’s worth the money

graph - 2024-04-19T143937.072.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2fd3251bd290c7fb1d5e8cf08c78863e3e03a6b0.jpeg

First Impression: ZiiGaat Doscinco

Same deal with the Cincotres impression, I listened to my test playlist entirely once.

The Doscinco sounds much smoother than the Cincotres. The Cincotres has a fun and contrasty sound to it that makes it very engaging, whereas the Docinco sounds more cohesive.

Tuning wise I prefer Doscinco. The forward vocals with the clean bass boost is something I’ve been known to enjoy so Doscinco fits the bill just right. My only issue with Doscinco is the lack of incisiveness in each note. Each note feels blunted, especially when compared with Cincotres. I’d rank the Doscinco easily one grade down from Cincotres in tech performance.

Timbre wise the Cincotres sounds more correct as well, despite the overall vocal tonality being better on Doscinco.

For bass, I felt Doscinco and Cincotres both do a decent job in their own way.

So far, I like Doscinco, but not enough where I’d spend $270 (at least in this first impression). Cincotres would be my easy recommendation between the two.

Like always, this is just first impressions so I’ll test more for the full review.

graph - 2024-04-19T143958.938.png

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 8
I couldn't find a thread for ZiiGaat IEMs despite there being a bit of interest for one, so thought I might as well go ahead and set one up. Not exactly sure about the etiquette around this so feel free to close or merge if there is already one going.

Anyway, seems like most of the clamour and "Hype" at the moment is for the Doscinco and the Cincotres, with their 2x 10mm DDs arranged in an "isobaric" (according to the marketing materials anyway - apparently a controversial use of the term) configuration, complemented by 2x Sonion BAs and a Knowles super-tweeter. It all sounds very reminiscent of the Hype 4, with some suggesting that ZiiGaat is a sister company of Thieaudio - does anyone know if this is confirmed?

Between the two, it seems the Doscinco has bigger bass that extends further into the mids, giving it a warm and bassy signature, whereas the Cincotres has a tuck around 300 Hz so is the cleaner set, as well as having less quantity of bass in comparison, though the quality of bass on both has been praised from what I've read. Both seem to be getting very positive reviews from pretty much all those who've tried them so far, particularly considering their price.

I put my order in for the Doscinco last night :) For anyone who hasn't noticed, AE has some coupons up in many countries at the moment for Choice Day, but it appears they work with non-Choice items so I got £25 off my set. I'll be sharing my thoughts once I get mine, but I'm sure there are a fair few of us who would love to read others' experiences in the meantime :) And feel free to discuss any other ZiiGaat IEMs too!

Also, here are the Choice Day coupon codes for the UK - no idea if the codes are different for other countries though:

1709335808068.png

Good idea to start this! I personally have the theory that Ziigaat is/was the OEM for Thieaudio. Are there any Thieaudio reps on these forums to confirm this or they prefer Discord (I saw the tuner maestro on Super Review's Discord)?

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #8 of 8

Thoughts below....

A great listen.
Your review is quite good, and accurate. I got mine about a month ago now, and love them. I also ordered the Doscinco because I think the Cincotres are so good, balanced, and non fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back