ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #976 of 1,497
So, my pair has finally arrived.

Seems like everything is working so far. Definitely sounds good. I also finally got myself a good DAP with the XDuoo X3.
So many things to compare right now. LZ-A4, LZ A2S, ZhiYin QT5... Gonna be a long day.

Review coming soon.

I didn't know there was LZ4 already.

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #979 of 1,497
So, some early impressions on the QT5s:

Interesting sound, spacious and good stage in width, height and depth.
I expected them to sound a bit warmer, but they have sufficient bass impact and a real good extention in that department.
Some described them to be slightly mid-centric and I can definitely see why that is. Works quite well with vocals of all kind.
I had the Shockwave 3 at my place for a while and I can definitely see some comparisions, although I feel like that the SW3 was bassier and way more aggressive on the treble.
Speaking of which the QT5 OOTB has a really well extended treble-response, but no fatigue thus far.
QT5 is one of the more balanced offerings I purchased over the recent months. Not overly thick as I'd imagined them to be.

:)

You are lucky enough to get a perfect workiny unit ,
Please may you share with us when you buy it and how much you pay for this .

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #980 of 1,497
LZ-A4 prototype.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow.... nice.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #984 of 1,497
Interesting IEM.  Had a couple of people already ask me if I'd be reviewing them.  Surprised no-one has actually measured them yet to see how they really stack up.

Anyway @AudioDHD - I see you're up North a bit.  I'm in Invercargill.  If you're prepared to go without your pair for a week, then I'd swap something of mine with you.  A week would give me enough time to measure, listen, evaluate, and maybe write something up with appropriate comparisons. Then we just swap back again.  If you're keen - let me know what you'd like to listen to - and we might be able to set something up. I'll leave it to you to PM me if interested.

Oh - and @FUYU - you got the IEMs 5 hours ago, and you already posted a review?  Seriously?  Your brain won't have even adjusted to the signature properly yet.  Normally I spend at least 3 days listening before I write a single note. I'm just amazed that anyone can attempt to write a reasonably accurate review on something in less than 5-7 days, let alone 5 hours.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #986 of 1,497
Interesting IEM.  Had a couple of people already ask me if I'd be reviewing them.  Surprised no-one has actually measured them yet to see how they really stack up.

Anyway @AudioDHD
 - I see you're up North a bit.  I'm in Invercargill.  If you're prepared to go without your pair for a week, then I'd swap something of mine with you.  A week would give me enough time to measure, listen, evaluate, and maybe write something up with appropriate comparisons. Then we just swap back again.  If you're keen - let me know what you'd like to listen to - and we might be able to set something up. I'll leave it to you to PM me if interested.

Oh - and @FUYU
 - you got the IEMs 5 hours ago, and you already posted a review?  Seriously?  Your brain won't have even adjusted to the signature properly yet.  Normally I spend at least 3 days listening before I write a single note. I'm just amazed that anyone can attempt to write a reasonably accurate review on something in less than 5-7 days, let alone 5 hours.

Yes, it may sound ludicrious, but I felt confident after 2-3 hours. I don't believe in burn-in and I did sufficient A/B testing with my other equipment. I called it "extended opinion" for a reason.
In case anything changes, I will update accordingly.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #987 of 1,497
Yes, it may sound ludicrious, but I felt confident after 2-3 hours. I don't believe in burn-in and I did sufficient A/B testing with my other equipment. I called it "extended opinion" for a reason.
In case anything changes, I will update accordingly.

For me this is not possible but each to his own I'd guess.

Surely it'll be impossible to say anything whatsoever about long time listening comfort and how they work in different situations in such a short time.

Tbh I think it would have been fair to the readers to mention in the review that it was written with just a couple of hours listening but ymmw....

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #988 of 1,497
For me this is not possible but each to his own I'd guess.

Surely it'll be impossible to say anything whatsoever about long time listening comfort and how they work in different situations in such a short time.

Tbh I think it would have been fair to the readers to mention in the review that it was written with just a couple of hours listening but ymmw....

That is a fair point. I added a note. Still, i have yet to encounter a earphone which has changed my opinion after my personal brain-in period of 2-3 hours, in any notable way.
Things like build and fit or accessories are obviously irrelevant in this case.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #989 of 1,497
Accessories yes - but build or fit? Again each to their own - I'm just really surprised you posted so quickly especially as you own them (so no constraints).

To give you an example of fit, I'm still adjusting to the Fidue Sirius a week after getting them. If I posted a review within a few hours I'd have made some huge mistakes compared to how I feel about them now. Maybe I'm just slow adjusting .....

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #990 of 1,497
Boy this thread became the best show in town! 
popcorn.gif

A bit of QC drama, wild open surgery pictures scenes.
What bhazard sound conclusions of seesax (the guy with the cute dog avatar) pair will be?
Brooko super reviewer stepping in for the save...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back