Zhaolu Vs CD-E5? Worth having both?
May 29, 2006 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

B-side J

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry for yet another Zhaolu thread but I have a few questions. I know this is all subjective but I'm just looking for opinions and experiances.

For those who have heard the E5->Amp as well as E5->Zhaolu->Amp, does the Zhaolu in the chain give and significant improvment?

I have the Zhaulo on they way and am wondering if the E5 is going to be worth it? Or should I just get a decent CDP with optical out? (I'm using an Xbox right now..OUCH).

I'm not sure if I should put the money into an CD-E5 and use the DACs headamp Or get cheaper CDP and invest in a good amp first
confused.gif

Any help would be great!!

JB

May 29, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 2
Try both. It seems the e5 dac is very good. Try out the amps'dac and if it's bettr, use e5 as a transport. Quote:

Originally Posted by B-side J
Sorry for yet another Zhaolu thread but I have a few questions. I know this is all subjective but I'm just looking for opinions and experiances.

For those who have heard the E5->Amp as well as E5->Zhaolu->Amp, does the Zhaolu in the chain give and significant improvment?

I have the Zhaulo on they way and am wondering if the E5 is going to be worth it? Or should I just get a decent CDP with optical out? (I'm using an Xbox right now..OUCH).

I'm not sure if I should put the money into an CD-E5 and use the DACs headamp Or get cheaper CDP and invest in a good amp first
confused.gif

Any help would be great!!

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back