zhaolu overheating
Jul 24, 2006 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ssingh0

500+ Head-Fier
I leave my zhaolu on all the time. Today, I tried to play some music and nothing would come out. I looked through all the components, wires, restarted computer, etc.

Zhaolu signal light was on. Kept wondering what it could be. Narrowing down possibilities, I switched the zhaolu off and back on, and sound started??

Jul 24, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think you have a heat issue. I've witnessed this on units without the discrete amp. It's rare but at times it can lose lock on the signal. I have found that with a lot of DAC's in computer systems that they can lose signal lock every once in a while. It's easiest to just turn the Zhaolu on and off when this rarity happens. I think it's a grounding/EMI issue with computers myself.

Jul 24, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Most chips can operate with temperates somewhere between 85-125 degrees. If it were overheating, I think you would know.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
I don't think you have a heat issue. I've witnessed this on units without the discrete amp. It's rare but at times it can lose lock on the signal. I have found that with a lot of DAC's in computer systems that they can lose signal lock every once in a while. It's easiest to just turn the Zhaolu on and off when this rarity happens. I think it's a grounding/EMI issue with computers myself.

Yes, similar thing has happened with my Lite DAC-AH and it was not hot but the CD had not been playing for over an hour. Turned it off and back on solved the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back