Zeus on eBay
Jun 5, 2003 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

HighwayStar

Won't excrete urine on your holiday (unless you do so to his first).
The Zeus has left the building...

tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Thanks for the link!

I wonder, though, how could they have ended production when they never even sold a unit?

LOL, not selling amp one is a great reason to stop production
tongue.gif

Bozebuttons had one on loan a while back and reviewed it. It failed to impress him but I believe there were biasing issues.

Jun 5, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 13
And with the price tag they have choosen, I don't think they are going to sell it ever.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 13
sorry for being such a noob about amps...but what soo speical about Zeus other than it was never for sale?
confused.gif

Jun 5, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
sorry for being such a noob about amps...but what soo speical about Zeus other than it was never for sale?
confused.gif

Info here

Jun 6, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 13
There are some Zeus amps that are out there. Fuchs did sell them.
The amp that is on Ebay is the amp which I had auditioned and was their demo unit.
Andy stopped production of the zeus because his pro audio business Took off .And thats where his money is.

Jun 6, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 13
No offense to anybody, but it looks like a pos with that *transformer* just sticking out of the middle, they could make a cover for it! (looks terrible basically)...(the thing with the yellow tape on it)

call me not a true audiophile, but I'd have to say that I have some sense of what looks good, and what will look good upon me when I have friends over, and they'll think it is a pos, so that's why I wouldn't get it, it'd look great if it didn't say "zeus" on that nasty-ass plate on the front and the yellow tape part wasn't there

Jun 6, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #13 of 13
No offense taken, but I'll come to the defense of the mighty Zeus!

I've always liked the old school looks of this amp. It's like a Dynaco with an attitude. The designer Andy Fuchs has impeccable credentials and knows how to build 'em.

Edit:

The nameplate you don't like is very reminiscent of the cast nameplates you would find on vintage McIntosh amps. Too cool, but sorry, no Zeus for you!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back