Zetian Wu - Supplied Tips Don't Go On? Say What?
Apr 13, 2023 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FreeBlues

100+ Head-Fier
I just received a new set of these buds, using the tips they shipped with. Good, not great, fit was not for me. So, they ship with multiple tips, but for the life of me I can't attach them. The bore on these Wu's have a large lip, but the tips themselves are way smaller than the bore.

Is there some trick to getting a different set of tips on these? I assume supplied will fit somehow, else why would they ship, but I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Apr 13, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Put some elbow grease into it.
I wish I were joking. It's for the sake of a secure fit. Those tips are also probably made by some OEM for lots of different IEMs. Some very expensive IEMs do that too... like the Anole V14. Mine came with tips that snapped on with such authority I damn near pulled a nozzle off of one trying to remove it.

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Put some elbow grease into it.
Yeah, I've done this, but the sleeve on the tip is super rubbery and flexible, so all it does is flop around when try to muscle it. I'll maybe keep working on it, but if I can't figure it out back they go.

These guys ship with both "balanced" and "bass enhanced" tips. I can get the balanced tips on, but the bass enhanced sleeve seems a lot narrower, so no go.

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 4
If they are similar to what I'm thinking of (those that came with some of FiiO's offerings), I found I had to start tipped to the side and rock the tip into position. It's kind of difficult, but once it's on it isn't going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back