Zero Seven : Simple Things
Apr 16, 2002 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nugen

Head-Fier
This CD is such an awesome chill-out CD. I was wondering if anyone had similar recommendations and if you haven't sampled/purchased Simple Things, you are definately missing out. Up there on one of my favorite CD's from 2001.

Apr 16, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 7
Bought it last year... great CD but a bit uneven. The track "Monday Night" is absent, which is a shame.

If you like downtempo groove like this, you should sign up for the (free) listen.com Rhapsody service and set the station to "Downtempo". Lots of great stuff there... including Zero 7.

I assume since you like this album, that you also have Premiers Symptomes by Air. Also very good.

I've said it a billion times and I'll say it again... Boards of Canada is a must. Everything they have released is consistent, fascinating, surreal, and massively intelligent.

Apr 16, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Ah yes... and don't forget to support Musical Starstreams. They have gigabytes of downloadable music just like this. In fact, if it wasn't for Musical Starstreams, I may never have discovered Zero 7!

Apr 16, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #7 of 7
Melikes. Even got an EP by them, too, called, simply, EP2. I wonder if there's an EP1?

I also see the Air analogy. A bit more groovy, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back